Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to rapidshare

Options
  • 29-11-2012 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭

Rapidshare have changed their download policy
    ( or something to that affect )which angers me:mad:

Im just wondering what people would use and the next best option:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

What is there policy now as certain files take forever to download for me. Seems to be a lot of rapidgator links around. My RS ran out last week so in the market forbade new account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Look into Usenet it's years ahead. There's a bit of a learning curve but the choice, quality and automation tools make it worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Usenet is good, agree about the learning curve but once you wrap your head around it your flying.

Rapidshare have put a limit on a user's traffic bandwidth, so basically links go dead in no time now.

I was finishing with them anyways (subscription is up in a few days) after being a customer for nearly 7 years because they capped download speeds. Tried out Uploaded.net and I'm getting full download speed on my line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I'm using netload now. Full speed at home and I've seen 4MB/sec in college

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Mod: Just to mention folks, discussion of these services is of course ok, just no mention or how to's doing any copyright infringement using these services.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Thanks for the info lads. I just payed 30 euro for my rapidshare account:(
    I havent really seen usenet about the place but ill look into it. uploaded.net and netload do seem popular so ill also look into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

A large usenet indexing site was forced to close today due to financial reasons. There is more and more content being pulled. While it's decent I wouldn't say it's the answer to everything, a mixture of methods is the only way to go at the moment.

sink wrote: »
    A large usenet indexing site was forced to close today due to financial reasons. There is more and more content being pulled. While it's decent I wouldn't say it's the answer to everything, a mixture of methods is the only way to go at the moment.

That particular site has been crap or the last year, there's a much better one still running and it's russian :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    That particular site has been crap or the last year, there's a much better one still running and it's russian :p

Is that the one that has a similar name to a retailer of children's recreational aids?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Hurricane Carter

Anyone used NetLoad?

Was going to go for Rapidgator, but it's a subscription type deal with them....

Or any other alternatives now Usenet is out the window!?

• Advertisement

sink wrote: »
    Is that the one that has a similar name to a retailer of children's recreational aids?

Pm'd you
    I Am Kong! wrote: »
    Or any other alternatives now Usenet is out the window!?

Why out the window?

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Pm'd you

Why out the window?

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that it was shut down...?

I Am Kong! wrote: »
    Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that it was shut down...?

An indexing site closed, there are others, better ones

Ah right! Didn't read that properly!

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Any pointers on getting started with usenet?

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Any pointers on getting started with usenet?

Can't post here, check your inbox

• Registered Users Posts: 65,463 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Thanks for the info lads. I just payed 30 euro for my rapidshare account:(

That would nearly have paid for 1,000GB in downloads from a quality usenet server :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

RS went to absolute shíte months ago, my speeds were at best cut in half compared to when I initially signed up. But in the last few weeks the amount of dead links is insane. I can't see how they're going to cope when they're sure to lose loads of customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

RS went to absolute shíte months ago, my speeds were at best cut in half compared to when I initially signed up. But in the last few weeks the amount of dead links is insane. I can't see how they're going to cope when they're sure to lose loads of customers.

I think the problems with RS started when MegaUpload got busted, and they got overwhelmed with the extra traffic. I'm still trying to get my head around usenet, but so far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Think ill look into Usenet. Any tips pogmothoin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Just reading up on the usenet thing:confused::confused::confused::confused: I think more research is needed.

Would content be as readily available on usenet as upload.net or netload & so on?

Slunk wrote: »
    Think ill look into Usenet. Any tips pogmothoin?

Ok, check my blog in my sig, some info there to get you started

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Right folks, Im not happy with the way this thread is going so it will be locked. While discussion of usenet and associated tech is ok, this thread seems to be deviating in the direction of how to use it for illegal purposes which is obviously not ok.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement