Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options

• 29-11-2012 6:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭

I have been going round the websites/forums looking at my options and it seems I am limited.

Living just on the Roscommon side of Shannonbridge and wondering if anybody has any suggestions as to the best 'broadband' options out there.

Fixed line is a no go so looking at satellite, wireless or some form of dongle.

Have tried the Vodaphone dongle and have no coverage. I am on the three network with a Galaxy SII and again the connection would not be the greatest.

Looking at coverage maps Meteor seem ok, then again who knows. Otherwise we are looking the likes of Ripplecom, Qsat etc. and again views are mixed although something has to be better than nothing.

Any suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Lighthouse networks may be an option too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Ripplecom is the only option there that is real broadband. Mobile and satellite are not broadband, for this reason they have their own Midband forum on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Thanks Sponge Bob, don't think Lighthouse are an option although will give them a shout.

PogMoThoin - Will post in the midband forum as well as I know satellite and mobile do not qualify for real broadband

Advertisement