Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belkin Router loses connection after 20 seconds when somebody phones.

Options
  • 29-11-2012 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone I'm having a problem with a belkin router losing connection to the internet when somebody phones, this is a real problem as when customers phone I often have to use the internet whilst on the phone to them. The strange thing is this has just started happening recently and it was fine before, I'm not sure why this has started happening as the phone isn't a wireless one and it is connected to a seperate phone line than the router. Also nothing has been changed since it was working before. Even when someone rings the phone the internet will go, even if the call has not been answered.

There's three connections into the line in the the shop, there's the main phone and a seperate dial up modem, which is used by the credit card machine and for the ordering system. The other is used only for the broadband connection.

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of why this has started happening, when it was fine before. I really need to get this sorted as soon as possible as it's starting to get really busy in here with christmas just around the corner.

If anyone has any solutions they would be greatly appreciated and if you need more information I'll do my best to help. Thanks.

One more bit of information, when your on the phone and the internet connection goes, you can hear what sounds like the dial up modem trying to connect.

The model is: N150

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

either you dont have a splitter/filter on the line or if you do they are faulty

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Hey, I've managed to figure it out there, it's something to do with the two modem's conflicting, it seems to work fine if the dial up modem is switched off. I only need that one on to send the order at the end of the day so I'm just going to leave it off till the end of the day. Mod's you can close this thread now thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement