Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Urban Decay Naked palette

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Temptalia has the "US" release date as November 29th (might be a worldwide thing considering the UD website is listed) so there could be hope for a mid-December release here :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

I've read on twitter around end of December for a UK and Ireland release but it's available now on their website and they ship here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

Are you sure they ship here?
    You can ship through MYUSA.com but it looks very expensive, has anyone used it them before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Are you sure they ship here?
    You can ship through MYUSA.com but it looks very expensive, has anyone used it them before?
    http://www.urbandecay.com/International/international,default,pg.html

Lil complicted, haven't tried it myself but that's your only option unless you want to wait a few weeks.

Vinta81 wrote: »
    http://www.urbandecay.com/International/international,default,pg.html

Lil complicted, haven't tried it myself but that's your only option unless you want to wait a few weeks.
    I entered in a few details to get an estimate, it looks like it'd be at least $50, eeeeeeekkkk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

I want!!

Though would like one more dark brown, a bit darker than the second last one.

Really nice combination

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭TextureLikeSun

I have the original palette and have a love/hate relationship with it tbh

Love the colours but they dont last at all!

• Looks lovely. I have the original palette but I'm not a fan of the glittery colours at all. This one looks perfect for daily use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

i believe its releasing in January here :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

I'm excited! Finally a matte palette from Urban Decay :D Strange that they haven't included some primer potion or brush though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

It's good they listened to the criticisms people had of the previous two, took them a few years all the same! don't really use mattes much so dont think I'll bother with this one. Looks lovely though. Wish we didn't have to wait so long for things like this cos you see all the hype online.

kandr10 wrote: »
    It's good they listened to the criticisms people had of the previous two, took them a few years all the same! don't really use mattes much so dont think I'll bother with this one. Looks lovely though. Wish we didn't have to wait so long for things like this cos you see all the hype online.

I use mattes loads, for work or blending in other colours, this looks so small that it'd need practical to carry round all the time. I almost bought the naked 2 on Wednesday so happy I decided not to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I have the original and Naked 2. I love Naked 2, colours are much more versatile and wearable for me.

I won't bother with the matte one as I hardly wear mattes and there is enough between the other two pallets for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

It's a bit... meh. I have the original Naked palette and the matte shadows in it are good enough for me. I wouldn't mind getting Naked 2 though, just for the sake of versatility. :cool: So I won't be getting this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I have the original palette and have a love/hate relationship with it tbh

Love the colours but they dont last at all!

Try an eyeshadow primer.

I'm not really a matte eyeshadow person so this particular palette doesn't intrigue me. Plus, it seems to me to be overpriced for what you are getting. I love my Naked and Naked 2 palettes, though!

Try an eyeshadow primer.

I'm not really a matte eyeshadow person so this particular palette doesn't intrigue me. Plus, it seems to me to be overpriced for what you are getting. I love my Naked and Naked 2 palettes, though!

Its about half the price of the other naked palettes, I'm sure they'll rip is off here in euro, but the dollar rate seems about right.

All my mattes and highlighters from various palettes are running low so I can't wait for this one anyway. I've sent an email to Debenhams asking when they'll be in, hopefully before Xmas. This will be so handy for work!!!

Its about half the price of the other naked palettes, I'm sure they'll rip is off here in euro, but the dollar rate seems about right.

All my mattes and highlighters from various palettes are running low so I can't wait for this one anyway. I've sent an email to Debenhams asking when they'll be in, hopefully before Xmas. This will be so handy for work!!!

The Naked Basics palette is $27 while the Naked 1 & 2 are $50. And you only get 6 shadows in the Basics - how come they didn't make a 12 shadow palette like the others? I'd have been intrigued by that. Although, there are some cheap drugstore alternatives here for a matte eyeshadow palette. Wet n' Wild do a nice one with 8 shadows I bought for about $5!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

I ordered one of these online yesterday to be sent to my sister in America to bring home for Christmas!
    I have Naked 1 & 2 already but I love matte brown shadows! The ones in this are similar shades to the ones i always wear from 1&2 so its right up my street!

Saying that, with both others having similar shades between them I don't need it, but at €20 I couldn't resist!

I picked up another too for a christmas present and UD are sending me a free sample gift, plus qualified for free shipping :D

All of this = a very happy me!

PlayGirl wrote: »
    I ordered one of these online yesterday to be sent to my sister in America to bring home for Christmas!
    I have Naked 1 & 2 already but I love matte brown shadows! The ones in this are similar shades to the ones i always wear from 1&2 so its right up my street!

Saying that, with both others having similar shades between them I don't need it, but at €20 I couldn't resist!

I picked up another too for a christmas present and UD are sending me a free sample gift, plus qualified for free shipping :D

All of this = a very happy me!

I'm so jealous!! They won't be in Ireland till after Xmas, 26th debenhams have said so I guess I'll just have to wait. I know it's not the most exciting palette but it's exactly what I've been wanting!
    Do let is know how you get on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

I'm so jealous!! They won't be in Ireland till after Xmas, 26th debenhams have said so I guess I'll just have to wait. I know it's not the most exciting palette but it's exactly what I've been wanting!

Well if it makes you feel any better I won't actually get mine till 23rd or so!
    Ill post up reviews once I do though! I can see this being an every day palette!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Whoo can't wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

Might get my friend to pick it up in new york cos she's coming home for christmas. If you guys are familiar with the benefit big beautiful eyes little palette kit thing, I used to use that all the time it was my favourite but I lost it a while ago :( I haven't tried any of the naked palettes before but I like the idea of this one because it's smaller than the other ones, the colours are matte, it's bigger than the benefit one I was using and the concealer in the befit one didn't suit me anyway. I don't have much experience with different make-up brands but I've obviously heard a lot about these palettes. How do urban decay eyeshadows compare to benefit ones?
    Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 lulut

Friend is getting this for me in the states when she is visiting this weekend. Cant wait. Love my urban decay pallettes and badly need more matte shades

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Oh I can't wait for this, it looks gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LyndaLoo

On debenhams fb page today it says it's available online from the 11th December out in stores from the 20th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

For anyone that's interested Emily eddington just did a video giving 'dupes' of the colours in the basics palette. Might five a better idea of what to expect from it, or perhaps you might see whether you already own similar colours. Not saying the dupes are better though as they don't come in such a neat compact. Just thought id post it as the thread is open!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39s8sNTf8Ss&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Just ordered one too. I'm excited :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

thanks a million for the heads up I just ordered one for my mum and sis :) The price is not bad at all I was expecting higher!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

HI

Jsut wondering would you recommend naked palette or naked palette 2 for someone with blue eyes
    which is better investing in, for both day and nighttime use

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

molly09 wrote: »
    HI

Jsut wondering would you recommend naked palette or naked palette for someone with blue eyes

thanks

I've green eyes and prefer Naked 2. The colours are more versatile for me anyway. I don't think I've used Naked 1 since I got 2!

Here's a pic of both pallets side by side for comparison:

Urban_Decay_Palette_Naked_1_versus_Naked_2.jpg

Thanks Valentina,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭Eerie

I got one yesterday! (I live in the US). They colors are great for me as i'm pale and blonde. Perfect for an everyday work look. I've only swatched it so far but will play around with it tonight.
    FYI though - it's teeny tiny. I was expecting it to be half the size of the other naked palates but it's much, much smaller than that. Perfect handbag size and has a nice mirror.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

molly09 wrote: »
    HI

Jsut wondering would you recommend naked palette or naked palette 2 for someone with blue eyes

thanks

If you have blue eyes I would go for the Naked 1 palette as it has far more bronzes, golds and browns than 2. It's also warmer toned so perfect for blue eyes. I think 2 is better for green and brown eyes.

Thanks nursemar88

• Advertisement

I got mine in the post today, very exciting. Not allowed play with it till Christmas though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Mine came yesterday. Had some fun playing with it this morning. 4 out of the 6 shades are very subtle so I think I'll be using it a lot for day makeup. Perfect size for carrying around as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

I've been layering the brown in Naked basics and then putting different colours from Naked 2 on it and it gives it a lovely toned tone smokey look, much prefer it to the colours on their own for some reason!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Would love to buy one of those palettes! l have green/brown eyes & brown hair...should l go with 1 or 2??

• Advertisement

Would love to buy one of those palettes! l have green/brown eyes & brown hair...should l go with 1 or 2??

I have brown eyes/hair and I tend to use Naked 2 more often.

Advertisement