Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Make Up Brushes

• 29-11-2012 7:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭

Am thinking of getting a foundation brush from the likes of mac. Is there a particular one I should be getting?

Any other brush suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

The 187 stippling brush is amazing, applies liquid foundation flawlessly in my experience :) Expensive, but so worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

You could try the real techniques expert face brush...it gets rave reviews!

Or a beauty blender sponge, a lot of people have switched to these sponges from brushes, there is a cheaper cosmopoliton one available that works just as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Conrach

Toast4532 wrote: »
    The 187 stippling brush is amazing, applies liquid foundation flawlessly in my experience :) Expensive, but so worth it.

I used to use the Elizabeth Arden mineral powder foundation and had the brush that came with it.

When I moved back to liquid foundation I bought a 187 and did love it but lost it after a weekend away. After a panic, as I couldn't afford to replace it, I came across the old EA brush.
    I tried it and loved it. I love the effect! Never would go back to the 187. It is also much cheaper.
    Just another opinion. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

I have the MAC 187, the Real Techniques foundation brush and an Elizabeth Arden classic foundation brush. Nothing beats the ELF Studio Line Flat Top Buffing Brush. It cost like three euro and is brilliant. Beaut.ie has a post on it. Check it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Mac 187 is fantastic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

don't waste your money on Mac brushes! I used to think they were the only good ones but I have since tried loads on the market and have found them way better. The Real Techniques Stippling Brush or Buffing Brush, the Sigma f80 or Blank Canvas Cosmetics f20 are far better at applying foundation and are much cheaper! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

MAC 217 tends to be a classic must-own brush for a lot of people

Advertisement