Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gillette Fusion

• 29-11-2012 8:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

€25 for 11 blades in Boots which is a good deal. I got a pack in Nutgrove. No idea if its all Boots but might be.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Sweet Deal, do you know if they had Fusion Power at a similar price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Sweet Deal, do you know if they had Fusion Power at a similar price?

I believe the fusion power blades are the same as the fusion blades, the power refers to the vibrating handle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

That is a very good price alright. Are all the Boots stores giving that deal?

they do that deal all the time i got them last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭ibrahimovic

I've seen this deal all over the place, in tesco, dunnes and in pharmacies. Just over 2 euro a blade is not great value but these blades are rarely on offer. If you are spending over £25 on amazon you could order these for £18 which would work out cheaper http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gillette-Fusion-Manual-Razor-Blades/dp/B0093WGS16/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1354226231&sr=8-4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

I've seen this deal all over the place, in tesco, dunnes and in pharmacies. Just over 2 euro a blade is not great value but these blades are rarely on offer. If you are spending over £25 on amazon you could order these for £18 which would work out cheaper http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gillette-Fusion-Manual-Razor-Blades/dp/B0093WGS16/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1354226231&sr=8-4

Dont order these. The blades for some reason are nowhere near as sharp from those multi packs

Mr.S wrote: »
    €25 for 11 razors :o

How long do you get from one head?

Approx 5 shaves per fusion razor for me. Much better to get 100 DE razor blades for €10-20.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Approx 5 shaves per fusion razor for me. Much better to get 100 DE razor blades for €10-20.

I wrote the date on my last 100 pack to see how long it lasts :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Dont order these. The blades for some reason are nowhere near as sharp from those multi packs
    Have used them before. I disagree. Blades are fine. I use them with the razor pit, and I shave 2-3 times per week. The pack will last me approx 6 mths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Approx 5 shaves per fusion razor for me.

:eek: 5 shaves per blade??? is that what most people get?
    I will use the same blade for 20 odd shaves at least, i don't count but its multiplies of 5 anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Senna wrote: »
    I will use the same blade for 20 odd shaves at least, i don't count but its multiplies of 5 anyway.
    I'd get a year out of an 8 pack easily.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I shave around once maybe twice a week a most. Most blades last me about 6 weeks as a result (although shaving through a heavier beard is blunting them quicker!). An 11 pack would last me for the year I would imagine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I could get 2 months out of a blade, shaving every day.

looder wrote: »
    I'd get a year out of an 8 pack easily.
    How old are you? 6 ?:D

Seriously though, this debate comes up anytime the blades are mentioned. I know people that shave every day. Some want to. Some have to. Be it personal choice or necessity, it matters not. Some growth will be significantly more dense than others. Result: reduced bade life.

And some will not deem a blade unuseable until they are drawing blood and cringing with the pain. Once I feel any discomfort, it's binned. That typically, for me, is 2 weeks approx. so there you go, we're all different, but I would still say that a blade will become uncomfortable, in my opinion, after shave 5(ish). If you are getting 20 shaves per blade, you either have bum fluff or are one tough, pain-withstanding bastard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

TheDriver wrote: »
    I could get 2 months out of a blade, shaving every day.

WTF, do you have any skin left on your face?

On a side note, thx op. I do believe I will indulge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Get one of these. They work a treat :)

No thanks, I'm rather happy shaving with a feather

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Senna wrote: »

I would be something close to that as well. Although I know one person who will only use a blade for 2 shaves. It comes down to what your comfortable with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

dodzy wrote: »
    you either have bum fluff or are one tough, pain-withstanding bastard.

Well then, i'll just pretend i'm a tough bastard:D

Reminds me of this;
    graph_1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

lol
    my last mach 3 must be approaching its 40th shave or so

couldnt manage the de blades at all
    if you shave in the morning and need to do so quickly then
    these feckers will open you up

• Advertisement

mailburner wrote: »
    lol
    my last mach 3 must be approaching its 40th shave or so

couldnt manage the de blades at all
    if you shave in the morning and need to do so quickly then
    these feckers will open you up
    Spot on, if you're in a hurry, then they are not ideal. although I use fusion, I do think thst you can actually get a quicker shave using the azor King of shaves. Jesus, you can really whip that thing across your skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭corkonion

I get quite a few shaves from my fusion, at least 10, and sometimes 20, but when it does start to dull and go blunt, there's nothing as nice as the smooth first shave from your next blade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Just on blades and don't ask how this memory was jogged but anyway going way back must have been college days and I happened to be in when Richard and Judy were on...

They were talking about the benefits of pyramids or pyramidic structures and the bloke said he has very heavy growth and get far longer from a blade when it rests under a pyramid!:D

Richard was keen to point out his growth was even heavier...and he'd stick the razor under the pyramid to see how it fared!

TBH I'd get one to two shaves of a weeks growth from a gillette so now if I need to lose all the facial hair I would trim first with a wahl and then shave far better.

As above - 1st sign blade is not doing the job it is binned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

A piece of denim jeans works just as well, trust me

Advertisement