Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommend a basic nokia phone with gps for maps

Options
  • 29-11-2012 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

Hello there, i really havent been keepign up with phone technology for the last 5 years.

Im always getting lost so wanted a baisc phone with maps on it, i heard the nokia maps are very good and you dont have to be online which would suit me. I would like gps on it to tell me where the hell I am.

I dont want facebook or any flashy things on it if it can be avoided, a decent camera would be ok but i could take it or leave it the maps would be the most important thing.

Can anyone recommend a good basic nokia phone that would suit my needs? Hopefully someone can help, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ibrahimovic

hey no more than 200 at the very most really, is this realistic? A cheap one would be grand as long as it done the job

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

Nokia Lumia 800 is under €200 now with most networks. It would be a better phone than most at that price range. 8 megapixel camera.

angeline wrote: »
    Nokia Lumia 800 is under €200 now with most networks. It would be a better phone than most at that price range. 8 megapixel camera.

That is a good option as it would be under budget, but my preference would be the N8.

I know its not exactly new, but camera and map is two things it does really well. Any of the points you save can be transferred on if you change the phone down the road, without having to resave your favourite places.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Camera is poor on the Lumia 800 imo

• Advertisement

Thanks, i'll look into a second hand n8, i see there are a few on adverts. So i can use the maps and the gps will tell me where i am without having to be connected and charged for the internet?

Thanks, i'll look into a second hand n8, i see there are a few on adverts. So i can use the maps and the gps will tell me where i am without having to be connected and charged for the internet?

Yes. It will work quicker with a data connection, but will work without it. You should be able to get a new one sim free for around the €200 mark.

Great thanks a lot.

Advertisement