Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st Tattoo. Any Ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭antocann

mate , if your asking for idea's off random strangers , your not ready to get the tattoo , take a while and have a good think about it ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

The poster above me is right, you really need to know what you want and genuinely want it, not just ask strangers for ideas!

The two pics you posted are completely different styles too, so it's kind of hard to even judge what exactly you'd like.

If you're determined to get one, your best bet is to think of an idea YOURSELF, then go on Google (or this forum) and look up artists that do the style you want. Like, for my next tattoo, I have picked an artist that can do an old fashioned looking style because that's what I want my tattoo to be styled like, so I found someone who does great similar work, and also has great reviews.

Pricing varies in every single studio you'll go into, but you'd be looking at around 100 euro or more per hour generally.

All Star Ink and Danny Bullman's (both in Limerick) are very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Couldnt agree more with the above comments! As the old saying goes tattoos are permanent! the 2 pics you have posted are very very different styles! And a half sleeve or full sleeve are big pieces to be looking at for the rest of your life if you're unsure of what to get!! You should have a good think about what kind of style you want and then research into the right artist for that style!! When I was younger and 1st starting to get tattoo'd when I'd see a design or an idea I liked I'd put it away some where safe in the house and I'd forget about - few months down the line or when ever I might stumble on it again - you'd be surprised how your feelings can change!! saved me from a few disasters :D

+1 for Allstar Ink in limerick!!
    I personally would only go to Danny in Bullmans and he is in Vienna for the fore-seeable future - Paul has some nice stuff on his FB page but I have never seen his work in person
    Also Uli in High on Ink in Limerick is excellent!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

gregers85 wrote: »
    Couldnt agree more with the above comments! As the old saying goes tattoos are permanent! the 2 pics you have posted are very very different styles! And a half sleeve or full sleeve are big pieces to be looking at for the rest of your life if you're unsure of what to get!! You should have a good think about what kind of style you want and then research into the right artist for that style!! When I was younger and 1st starting to get tattoo'd when I'd see a design or an idea I liked I'd put it away some where safe in the house and I'd forget about - few months down the line or when ever I might stumble on it again - you'd be surprised how your feelings can change!! saved me from a few disasters :D

+1 for Allstar Ink in limerick!!
    I personally would only go to Danny in Bullmans and he is in Vienna for the fore-seeable future - Paul has some nice stuff on his FB page but I have never seen his work in person
    Also Uli in High on Ink in Limerick is excellent!!

A few friends have been tattooed by Paul and his work was fantastic on them. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Thanks for the comments. Ye're right too. I just want ideas so I can get an idea for myself. I've a few ideas of what I want but I don't know how to go about getting them drawn out. Would I have to do it myself or would the artists do it for me?

Have ye any facebook pages for the Limerick places?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Have a skim through deviantart.com and get some inspiration. So many differant styles and artists on there. Once you've picked out an idea of a design, find an artist you reckon would do the piece justice and they can draw something up to make it into a sleeve.

Imaginefx would be another good website to flick through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Have a skim through deviantart.com and get some inspiration. So many differant styles and artists on there. Once you've picked out an idea of a design, find an artist you reckon would do the piece justice and they can draw something up to make it into a sleeve.

Imaginefx would be another good website to flick through.

thanks a mill.

Advertisement