Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil Field/mine Jobs

Options
  • 29-11-2012 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

Hey guys really hopeing to get a job in the oil rigs or mines:D my uncle use to work in galmoy mine and told me what was needed course wise when he worked there. and he has told me there is a lot of mines are the sask area of canada. so iam just wondering if anyone is working in the mines or oil fields could tell me what courses i should get asap when i get out to calgary?:D iam coming out as an unskilled worker but am not afraid to take a job to a job till tie me over till i get the job i want:D and with the iec two years i can give it a fair belt.:D i have tryed the couple remaing mines in ireland for work but no joy:D thanks in advance:D I see a lot of jobs here if anyones looking to get in to the same field Saskjobs.ca:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭frankspencer

Hey there,
    I am in the same boat, was wondering is it better to set up interviews before you head over and when you arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 robincraig

50 job opportunities for Belt Splicers in Western Australia

Mining Sector – FIFO Work conditions
    • Belt Splicers & Conveyor Supervisors

Key Responsibilities:
    • Belt Splicing, Repairs, Maintenance and Installations to: Steel Cord, Fabric, Solid Woven and Ply belts.
    • Assist with creating splice reports
    • Coordinate workflow, crew and the equipment
    • Perform hot and cold repairs
    • Perform pulley lagging and apply mechanical clips
    • Identify common belt damage/faults and determine method of repair
    • Conduct belt audits

Requirements:
    • Good knowledge of all forms of Belt Splicing and Installations
    • Extensive Steel cord experience
    • Strong commitment to Safety
    • An understanding of high integrity splicing procedures

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

think you posted this in the wrong forum this is about mine work in canada;)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭coulagh1986

First off you`ll need H2S. Hydrogen Sulphide is the stuff that kills people in Slurry Tanks. Its often in the oil thats extracted from drilling rigs. One sniff of it at not a very high concentration and your dead. Thats a full day course that you do in a class room.

You`ll also need First Aid. That`s a one or two day course that you do in a classroom.

Theres also WHIMIS, Transport of Dangerous Goods, Petroleum Safety Training, Spill Responder. These all take about 4 hours and you do them on a computer.

There simple simple simple. You`d want to be a moran not to pass them.

You`ll probably need a Class 5 License aswell.

H2S, First Aid, and WHIMIS are essential and the more you have the better.

I`m not sure of how much they are as my company covered the costs but your talking 1000-1500 to do all the above excluding the driving license.

Advertisement