Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get reasonable tyres? North Kildare

Options
  • 29-11-2012 10:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭

Just looking to get new tyres for my car. Can anyone recommend a reasonable place to get good tyres preferrably around Maynooth/Celbridge/Kilcock? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Oh hai wrote: »
    Just looking to get new tyres for my car. Can anyone recommend a reasonable place to get good tyres preferrably around Maynooth/Celbridge/Kilcock? Thanks.[/Quote

Not really near your area but there is a lad at tge back of the Cherry tree pub at the Walkinstown roundabout seriousy worth travelling to , massivly cheaper used him for decades n he is a good guy to deal with, all the taxi men go there n they are tight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

Cheers for that. Do you know roughly what his prices are to see if it'd be worth travelling to him? We're looking to get 6 new tyres all together.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭heffo500

Confey Tyre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Cheers for that. Do you know roughly what his prices are to see if it'd be worth travelling to him? We're looking to get 6 new tyres all together.

I got tires 30% cheaper than what I got qouted in Kildare and Dublin from him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Mentioning Celbridge, I assume Leixlip ain't off the radar either? Guy selling tyres in Ryebrook Industrial Estate whom I have used often, and He has never let me down with either His prices or service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Used Leixlip tyre service before. Great service and prices. They are in Celbridge :D behind the applegreen garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

What do you deem reasonable? what size tyre? Are you looking to buy ditch finders at a reasonable price or looking for decent tyres at a reasonable price?

tossy wrote: »
    What do you deem reasonable? what size tyre? Are you looking to buy ditch finders at a reasonable price or looking for decent tyres at a reasonable price?

205/55R16. Just don't want to get ripped off really, have always gotten tyres off a family friend before but he's no longer in the business so not sure what a good price is. We want decent tyres, not going for cheap, just reasonable.

Was quoted 85 euro per tyre for Pirelli or Goodyear, sounds good to me? Nice to deal with too. Confey Tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭heffo500

Was quoted 85 euro per tyre for Pirelli or Goodyear, sounds good to me? Nice to deal with too. Confey Tyres.

That seems good. They are very honest. I know a lot people who have bought cars from them and they all seem happy.

• Advertisement

heffo500 wrote: »
    That seems good. They are very honest. I know a lot people who have bought cars from them and they all seem happy.

Great, we'll go with them then, thanks for your help everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Karlitto

Just looking to get new tyres for my car. Can anyone recommend a reasonable place to get good tyres preferrably around Maynooth/Celbridge/Kilcock? Thanks.

I got a set of front tyres from Leixlip Car Service (right beside the leixlip lidl) for 90 quid including labour total.

THere was about 95% of the tyre left, which was perfect. Not a problem since fitting them. Would recommend these guys 100%

Advertisement