Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WEEK 13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Gruden: ''The magic of RG3''.......STFU, he fumbled the thing, no magic in that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

kmart6 wrote: »
    Gruden: ''The magic of RG3''.......STFU, he fumbled the thing, no magic in that!

Was a great run but he was so lucky there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Ah yeah, that's fairly clear on replay, but the live play looked deliberate.

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Was a great run but he was so lucky there!
    Don't think it was that great, got good blocks, made the corner, went to slide/avoid the hit/protect the ball and fumbled! Osi still got the initial contact to knock him!

Trojan wrote: »
    Ah yeah, that's fairly clear on replay, but the live play looked deliberate.
    He made the comment after a replay, Gruden is a bit of a twat with the stuff he comes out with!

Today I learned what The Hogettes are. Forgive my ignorance, haven't watched much of the Redskins (ever).

Today I learned what The Hogettes are. Forgive my ignorance, haven't watched much of the Redskins (ever).
    Yeah saw them a couple of years back and was wondering WTF, it's kinda funny, but imagine being their kids.....shudder!!!

They've raised a $100M for charity! (Aside: I must watch the 82 Redskins America's Game)

Nice run from Bradshaw.

They've raised a $100M for charity! (Aside: I must watch the 82 Redskins America's Game)

Nice run from Bradshaw.
    Oh yeah, not taking that away from that, it is a great feat!

Seen on Twitter:
    RGIII. Even fumbles well. I give up.

:)

• Advertisement

Sigh.

What a brutal snap!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Wow Gruden almost criticized a player just there

adrian522 wrote: »
    Ah since he's looking at college jobs now he's loosening the shackles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

Why do ESPN keep Gruden in the colour role?

I know it's obviously because he has name cache and a good football brain but he always seems to be in a holding pattern when it comes to saying anything about teams and players, like he's trying to keep his job options open. Better not offend someone I might want to recruit in two years time!

Having him jsut do the analysis shows would be better for everyone involved.

Syferus wrote: »
    Why do ESPN keep Gruden in the colour role?

I know it's obviously because he has name cache and a good football brain but he always seems to be in a holding pattern when it comes to saying anything about teams and players, like he's trying to keep his job options open. Better not offend someone I might want to recruit in two years time!

Having him jsut do the analysis shows would be better for everyone involved.
    Well to be honest from spending a year watching ESPN every day no matter what was on....nearly all of their analysis are very safe in what the will say, exception to that is Skip, but you are not going to put him on Prime time!

Also, the whole Disney ownership thing doesn't really allow for them to go after individuals, they try to keep everyone happy...not like Geoff Shreeves....

Unreal

Cruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuz

Unreal

Cruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuz
    Some throw by Eli!

Eli would wanna get on top of his play clock!

Penalty after bloody penalty.

• Advertisement

Long aul season for the refs...injuries becoming a factor ;)

Easy!

Martellus Bennett!

Been playing class today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭jj1

Boom!! needed a td. Would have been a huge boost for Skins to hold Giants to a FG there considering how much of the ball the Giants had.

Well to be honest from spending a year watching ESPN every day no matter what was on....nearly all of their analysis are very safe in what the will say, exception to that is Skip, but you are not going to put him on Prime time!

Also, the whole Disney ownership thing doesn't really allow for them to go after individuals, they try to keep everyone happy...not like Geoff Shreeves....

Ha, but ESPN have plenty of people with good personalities, just look at the Fantasy Focus podcast.

Steve Young is on the sideline there every MNF and he'd make a far better colour guy than Gruden.

Martellus Bennett!

Been playing class today.
    Every time I hear his name I can only think of Marcellus Wallace!

• Advertisement

Syferus wrote: »
    Ha, but ESPN have plenty of people with good personalities, just look at the Fantasy Focus podcast.

Steve Young is on the sideline there every MNF and he'd make a far better colour guy than Gruden.
    Do you not think Young comes across as a yes man sometimes, just agreeing with what everyone around him says?!

Every time I hear his name I can only think of Marcellus Wallace!

Haha. Was only saying it to a friend just there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Ah skip, why just this morning the man said Andrew Luck was overrated: "he's got a 55% completion rate" being his argument. When only minutes before he claimed Tebow (with his sub-50% career completion rate) would have the Jets in the playoffs. Lol, skip is unwatchable. A paid troll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭jj1

adrian522 wrote: »

He's very safe in his commentary.
    When ever I hear him I always think of Warren Sapp in the Buccs America's Game.
    He was comparing him to Dungy & how polite Dungy had been.
    "you'd meet Tony in the hall & he'd ask you how you were & how was the wife. Then you meet Gruden & he'd growl at you "Hey Sapp, I'm gonna get you today ya sonofabitch"

davyjose wrote: »
    Ah skip, why just this morning the man said Andrew Luck was overrated: "he's got a 55% completion rate" being his argument. When only minutes before he claimed Tebow (with his sub-50% career completion rate) would have the Jets in the playable. Lol, skip is unwatchable. A paid troll.
    Completely, but jesus, it was hilarious to wake up to while having my breakfast!

• Advertisement

I love how much extra ground Bradshaw can find after the initial hit.

I hate you Pierre.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Great tweet:

Does Justin Tuck's face mask have its own Twitter account? #FirstWorldQuestions

I love how much extra ground Bradshaw can find after the initial hit.
    I love the fact he practically doesn't practice and comes out playing very good most weeks!

Feck sake. Bring back Billy Cundiff!

Do you not think Young comes across as a yes man sometimes, just agreeing with what everyone around him says?!

I don't think he's great but my word is he far more bearable than Gruden's Prozac-induced smile.

49ers were looking at cundiff and Kaeding during the week apparently...desperation time

Terrell Suggs confirms via text he has torn biceps. Was told there are three or four guys in the NFL playing through a similar injury.

Excellent stuff.

Bennett has been a monster so far!

• Advertisement

Bennett has been a monster so far!

Does he look like a bitch?

Long snapper needed that!

Great clock management by Giants.

Always drives me nuts to see the clock managed badly - it's one of the things a headcoach has huge influence over and can win/lose games (or Superbowls - remember Eagles final drive 2005, though that one was more on McNabb).

Can someone explain how Washingtons TD wasn't a forward pass past the line of scrimmage?

davyjose wrote: »
    Can someone explain how Washingtons TD wasn't a forward pass past the line of scrimmage?

It was an unintentional fumble. Ergo not a forward pass.

I don't get why that makes a difference though. Is there a law in the rule book that provides for accidental forward passes?

London Fletcher is awesome.

"Great call ref."

"2 for 2."

"Y'all keep this up, you're gonna be reffing the Superbowl."

Fecking hilarious there when it showed Fletcher's reaction to there being no Back Judge(was going to just write BJ....but ehhh...yeah, that wouldn't have been right)!

Fumble, yeah boyyyyyyy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Nice run by griffin but they might have lost the ball now

Advertisement