Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Presens from Santa AND parents?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

We got presents from Santa and our parents but the Santa gifts were never wrapped. Out of interest, where did Santa leave your presents? He always left the presents in our bedrooms but some of my friends were left theirs under the Christmas tree!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

tinkerbell wrote: »
    We got presents from Santa and our parents but the Santa gifts were never wrapped. Out of interest, where did Santa leave your presents? He always left the presents in our bedrooms but some of my friends were left theirs under the Christmas tree!

There were too many of us kids for it all to fit under the tree-we'd have needed a forest! .:D We each had our own "pile" in the middle of the living room.

My mother once spotted that my sister had moved some stuff from my pile to hers. When questioned, she insisted that Santa did it that way, and to be fair, how would mam know what he did or didn't give me. :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

haha that is brilliant:)
    MIne were always left on the couch and something small for my parents on the arm chairs but I am an only child.
    I will have 3 this christmas it is so exciting:)
    They will get a present from us and they have 2 presents from Santa,the size of the present is luckily something they do not understand yet:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

I normally hand make something for each of the children from us and then Santa fills the stocking and leaves one 'big' present each. This year its meccano for the eldest, a tea set for the middle girl and a baby rocking horse for the babba.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

We always got our presents on the end of our beds, or on the floor of our bedrooms & never wrapped. Only a present from Santa though, nothing from mam & dad. We'll probably leave unwrapped, but under the tree. She's getting a trike this year, so will tie a bow onto it.

My younger brother only told me recently that I made him realise that there was no Santa. I'm 6.5 years older than him, so when I started earning a bit of money babysitting at 13 or 14, I started buying the whole family little presents. He then realised that mam & dad weren't buying us presents and copped on. Felt terrible when I realised.

I would give my lo something from us, but she has 6 cousins that she will see every year on Christmas Day & none of them get presents from their parents, so will do Santa the same way as they do it, so they won't see through it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Bobsammy

We only ever got Santa presents - nothing from our parents. But we've lots of aunts and uncles and very few cousins so there was always a huge pile of presents under the tree! Between them and our grandparents we were spoiled rotten!

We always had our stockings on the end of our beds and the big presents would be downstairs! Not wrapped though - we'd each get a pile! The rule was we couldn't go downstairs until everyone was up and we all went together! We're all in our 20s now and while we're allowed downstairs now we're still not allowed in to the sitting room until we're all there:D!!

We do the stockings and Santa brings all the big presents. Thats what was done when I was a little girl, so we just continued it... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

There's no Santa in this house, so parents only :P but that's not one of the options :o

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

We only got presents from Santa. The parents used to bring them in to the bedroom in a black bin liner (Santa's sack!) after midnight mass

Advertisement