Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC Players Championship

• 30-11-2012 12:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭

The Players Championship starts tomorrow with live coverage of every game on ITV4. It would be down the list in the rankings of the majors but still a £60,000 winners cheque is nothing to be sneezed at for a weekend's work! It's also an ideal warm up for the forthcoming World Championship even though I seem to think that a certain Phil Taylor was unhappy last year about this tournament been on so close to Ally Pally?

It'll be interesting to see how current World Champion Adrian Lewis gets on in this tournament after a relatively quite enough year on the circuit after his World Championship victory. Phil Taylor I'm sure will be all out to win this to get some momentum going for Ally Pally. The current form player Michael Van Gerwen will be the main focus of attention and he plays reigning champion Kevin Painter in the 1st round.

Great to have another tournament on TV and it should be Interesting to see how this goes,maybe another outside winner like last year? Action stars on ITV4 each day at 12 45pm and 6 45pm Friday-Sunday.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hope itv4 isn't blocked on UPC for this

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

Could be Taylor v Lewis in the 2nd round

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

KevIRL wrote: »
    Hope itv4 isn't blocked on UPC for this

I just checked and it is blocked. Ridiculous stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Jarjohn

Ill take a stab at predicting 1st round results but wouldnt be too hopeful with short format
    White v Smith
    Lloyd v Wright
    Pipe v Osborne
    Huybrechts v Van der Voort
    Thornton v Walsh
    Jenkins v King
    Baxter v Nicholson
    Hamilton v Smith
    Chisnall v Jones
    Wade v Dolan
    Lewis v Burnett
    Van Gerwen v Painter
    Barney v Beaton
    Taylor v Webster
    Newton v Anderson
    Whitlock v Caven

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I just checked and it is blocked. Ridiculous stuff.

"Programme Not Available in ROI
    ITV4, 12:30 - 17:15

Due to rights restrictions, this programme is not available in ROI."

http://tv-guide.upc.ie/TV/?eId=eid_174419419_14O_2012-12-01T12:30Z
    :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mr170

Lads there is an app on android called film on live tv. It has itv 4 just watching the darts on it now. Not sure if the apple app store has it . Or just go to the flim on live tv site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

mr170 wrote: »
    Lads there is an app on android called film on live tv. It has itv 4 just watching the darts on it now. Not sure if the apple app store has it . Or just go to the flim on live tv site
    App store has it too so will work for iPhone/iPad users also.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Not sure if I am a fan of this venue, the crowd are very far away from the stage and not much atmosphere at all yet. Hopefully it picks up.

Wins so far for Michael Smith, Peter Wright, Justin Pipe and Kim Huybrechts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

ITV4 is available to watch to anyone who has sky.

I don't like Mervin King but I'm delighted he won that because the crowd were a disgrace as usual. They have to try and cut out the booing! Terry will be kicking himself though.

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Not sure if I am a fan of this venue, the crowd are very far away from the stage and not much atmosphere at all yet. Hopefully it picks up.

At least there are a lot more at it than last year when it was nearly empty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

They have blocked it again on UPC, Fecking B@#&%£$”

What's happened to Chisnall?! I knew I shouldn't have bet on him!

THAT was a paddlin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Choochtown

Come on Brendan!

The standard has been very poor in this tournament so far.

Maybe it's the camera angle but the crowd seem very distant from the stage.

Choochtown wrote: »
    Maybe it's the camera angle but the crowd seem very distant from the stage.

They are, they're miles away.

Poor darts so far. Barney looks a good bet at the moment- 8/1 looking at whats left in his half of draw- Jones, Wright, Smith, Pipe, Wade/Dolan, Huybrechts, King

Great finish T19 D18 D18 !

• Advertisement

Mr Lewis involved again!! Always other players fault. Fair play to Russ Bray telling him to leave it alone and get off stage

Jarjohn wrote: »
    Mr Lewis involved again!! Always other players fault. Fair play to Russ Bray telling him to leave it alone and get off stage
    In fairness, he didn't seem to do anything wrong.
    Burnett looked like he flipped out over nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭hipdoobloon

You'll get the free stream 4 the darts at http//justin.tv/timmyc_sportingzone23

http://justin.tv/timmy_sportingzone23

Hope van Gerwen brings his form into this and lights up an otherwise dull tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

A cracking game there between Barneveld and Beaton. A shock that Barney was beat and he averaging almost 100! Fair play to Beaton though a great win for him but Barney will rue those missed doubles especially the 3 misses to win the game in leg 10.

The standard so far has been poor enough with some mediocre games with the main talking point from tonight been the spat between Lewis and Burnett! Personally I thought there was nothing in it from viewing it on TV but maybe Burnett might reveal later what upset him.

Good to see a packed venue for this event for a change compared to the last 2 times when this event was held in Doncaster where the attendances were poor. However like previous posters have commented the crowd seems very far back from the oche and the atmosphere is lacking something.

Taylor up 4-1 at the Interval against Webster and producing the highest average of the tournament so far. Looking forward to Anderson v Newton up next,could be a cracker of a game.

Taylor wins 6-2. He's in good form again taking down the board for everyone to sign:rolleyes: (only when he wins:D!)

Good win there for Gary Anderson 6-4 over Wes Newton and he did it in style with a brilliant 130 checkout via treble 20 treble 20 double 5. Another tough game awaits Anderson in the 2nd round against his fellow Scot Robert Thornton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭EireIceMan

What exactly happened with lewis earlier? Missed that part because of toy show:(

Jarjohn wrote: »
    Poor darts so far. Barney looks a good bet at the moment- 8/1 looking at whats left in his half of draw- Jones, Wright, Smith, Pipe, Wade/Dolan, Huybrechts, King

I hope Barney is as sick as I am...:(

• Advertisement

Dolan gave himself too much to do there, really valiant effort to fightback though, seemed to be good banter between himself and Pipe at the end too

Advertisement