Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Unavailable

Options
  • 30-11-2012 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey, I was hoping one of the eircom reps could help me. My mother in law has recently bought herself a laptop and has been taking computer lessons and so wanted broadband put into the house. That was grand until I contacted eircom to get it turned on we were told it failed the line test. I rang back a second time to try to get past tier 1 support, but the best they would do is do a further test to check the distance (?), but we never heard back anyway.

I live nearby and we are in a rural area, but we are further from the exchange from them so it can't be distance - everyone around us (new houses) has it, so it might be the connection from the line to their house.

I can provide any account details in PM, I'm just wondering if we can push this on to get fixed line DSL.

Cheers,
    Mick

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Tony might be able to do something. If that doesn't work then the line may well be split ( pairgained ake carrier line).

The best thing to do then is ring in a fault and have a chat with the engineer who comes out and who can often magic up a solution to pairgains in fairness to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mick89

Cheers Bob.

The house is older - mid 1980's if that has any impact.

Any idea what sort of fault I should ring in?Just tell them I think the line is split?

Thanks again.

Mick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Crackling and echoes. First lets see what can be done officially. :)

Now you say that - it is very bad :-)

Thanks again!

Bump....

Just wondering if one of the eircom people can reply to the thread on how best to proceed?

Thanks in advance
    Mick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

Mick89 wrote: »
    Bump....

Just wondering if one of the eircom people can reply to the thread on how best to proceed?

Thanks in advance
    Mick

Hi Mick

I'm really sorry this was not responded to sooner, can you PM me the landline number in question and I'll look into this for you?

Regards
    Linda

No problem and thank you Linda. You should have a PM.

Mick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Mick89

I have just sent you a PM.

Regards

Al

Advertisement