Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cherry blossoms blooming in Nov. ?

Options
  • 30-11-2012 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭

I've noticed Cherry blossoms flowering in Waterloo Rd and Ballsbridge / Donnybrook area - is this normal or are they confused ? I still have fresh Raspberries on the canes - they normally produce in June/Sept-Oct.:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭missmyler

My Hosta plants have confused me also. Their flowers only stopped growing a couple of weeks ago. I would have thought flowering would have finished some time ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Prunus x subhirtella 'Autumnalis' flowers from Novemeber until March it likely to be this tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Capri wrote: »
    I've noticed Cherry blossoms flowering in Waterloo Rd and Ballsbridge / Donnybrook area - is this normal or are they confused ? I still have fresh Raspberries on the canes - they normally produce in June/Sept-Oct.:confused:

Would love to see a photo of cherries.

Wierd year, had cowslips and iceland poppy flowering till the end of october, bulbs are already beginning to come up, and an apple tree still has most of its leaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

padi89 wrote: »
    Prunus x subhirtella 'Autumnalis' flowers from Novemeber until March it likely to be this tree.

Waterloo Road usually has them flowering in March/April - not now. Will get photos tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

It's an odd year alright. My pelargonia are still flowering.

• Advertisement

padi89 wrote: »

Today's photos

• Registered Users Posts: 28,462 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Yes that looks like autumnalis, they are such a pleasure at this time of year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Capri wrote: »
    Today's photos

Looks like it alright.

Don't know how i never noticed them before on Waterloo Rd :confused:

I'll keep an eye out for the cherry blossoms there in March/April just to see the difference.

My own Cherry blossom seems to have given up the ghost over the last few years, gave it a major cutback last year on advice and it had a few leaves this year so hopefully it might resurrect next year ( even next door's C/B didn't flower this ('summer' :(:( ) so maybe next year will be 'normal' ;)

Advertisement