Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident at Christmas Days

Options
  • 30-11-2012 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭

TST reporting on their Facebook page that someone has climbed onto the roof of the stables. Fire Service on the Scene

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Is there a link?.I've looked on their facebook and I don't see it. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

linky

Amateur-hour in full swing. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

What a fool. This will not help with student comments

It's a bloody disgrace that a unit of the brigade had to be tied up dealing with this nonsense.

One can only hope this twat gets landed with a massive fine for the call-out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    It's a bloody disgrace that a unit of the brigade had to be tied up dealing with this nonsense.

One can only hope this cat gets landed with a massive fine for the call-out.

Cat stuck on top of stables,
    Fire Department called
    Better story :)

wnolan1992 wrote: »

One can only hope this twat gets landed with a massive fine for the call-out.
    Well I assume the least will happen is that he'll be put in front of a disciplinary board

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Well I assume the least will happen is that he'll be put in front of a disciplinary board

Rumour floating around the Facebooks that it's a €1000 fine from the Fire Brigade for something like this. Not sure how true that is, but God I hope it's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

There's definitely a cost involved in bringing out the fire brigade nowadays,
    Not sure if it's 1k but it's money out of pocket,
    And he's no one else to blame or split the cost with...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I believe its 600 euro for a standard fire brigade call out. Hopefully they make him pay that and throw a huge fine on top of it aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Christmas Days in November :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dementedmole5

What a hero. This man should be honoured!

This man should be honoured!

Rumour has it they're going to restart these to do just that...

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭ProfanityURL

That's what Kinsey rum will do to you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

Ah lads ye are the driest bunch ever! Get down off yer high horses. We all get drunk once in a while and do stupid things. A little bit of understanding wouldn't go astray.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Ah lads ye are the driest bunch ever! Get down off yer high horses. We all get drunk once in a while and do stupid things. A little bit of understanding wouldn't go astray.

Indeed but there must be better things to do than climb onto the roof of a pub when drunk, generally speaking

Yeah, but not all of us get so drunk that we do something that requires a unit of the fire brigade to be dispatched needlessly, wasting their time and tying them up in the event that someone who actually needs them calls.

If that makes me "dry", then so be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

A "little bit of understanding"? Why should other people have to go out of their way to accommodate drunken, asocial behaviour? Not to say I haven't ever been in a state myself but it's just an awful, unpleasant thing for other people to have to deal with your mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Difference between having fun and being a nuisance. This also paints a bad image of the student population to everyone around the area too. You have to draw a line where 'having the banter' becomes being a tool.

There are enough eejits going around giving the entire student population a bad name. His friends probably think he's a "legend" and tell people how "mad" he is, but if events like xmas days and rag week are cancelled it will be because of yobos like him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

To be honest I think its hilarious the fact that he climbed up there, but the fact that the fire brigade had to come out and waste their time when some one else could have needed their help and essentially could have lost their life because of it don't really think that's funny at all!

To be honest I think its hilarious the fact that he climbed up there, but the fact that the fire brigade had to come out and waste their time when some one else could have needed their help and essentially could have lost their life because of it don't really think that's funny at all!

My thoughts exactly.

But hey, we should just relax. Twas all just a bit of banter. What a legend. :rolleyes:

snausages wrote: »
    A "little bit of understanding"? Why should other people have to go out of their way to accommodate drunken, asocial behaviour? Not to say I haven't ever been in a state myself but it's just an awful, unpleasant thing for other people to have to deal with your mess.

How did this put you out? I mean the fire service hardly had to be called. Common sense and a few of the bouncers could have got him down. People have over reacted and that is just exactly what ye are all doing. Harmless bit of fun. The fire department didn't go out of their way. They are in existence to to deal with stuff like this. EDIT: Most of the time they are called needlessly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

How did this put you out?

It didn't. I'm speaking generally. I've no sympathy for drunken idiots. They're the guys who could do with a little bit of understanding, not anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭cup of tea

All the ladders in UL must have been busy that day

cup of tea wrote: »
    All the ladders in UL must have been busy that day

I know it's ridiculous. Even the cherry pickers that they usually have beside the srodinger must have been already in use

I know it's ridiculous. Even the cherry pickers that they usually have beside the srodinger must have been already in use

I'm sure the stables has a health and safety procedure that they are obligated to follow when things like this happen. If someone went up to get him down and they somehow hurt themselves by falling through, or off, the roof, then everyone would be asking what he was doing up there and why they didn't follow correct procedure by calling the authorities. It's noones fault but the dude who climbed up there and the stables don't need to lose their license or insurance because of some twat who had too many tuborgs....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

surely if he got up on his own he was able to get down on his own

TheGunns wrote: »
    surely if he got up on his own he was able to get down on his own
    Lets just say he had consumed quite alot of alcohol. i heard he pretty much had to be carried down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Kelefants

From what I heard he was helped up, and to get him down without the fire brigade would have breached the health and safety code of the university, also it would have been very difficult... I don't know about any of you guys, but personally I don't think I could carry a passed out person down a ladder... Well I know I couldn't carry a grown man down a ladder. Christmas decorations are hard enough!

Advertisement