Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visonic and Signet compatibility with Siemens SPC

Options
  • 30-11-2012 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi all

I'd like to ask if someone can confirm the compatibility of Visonic and or Europlex Signet sensors with the Siemens SPC panels prior to me pulling the trigger on ordering up the Siemens SPC kit for a full wireless install.

Ideally and I believe a good recommendation is to install shock sensors/inertia sensors on lower ground windows and 1st floor windows that are easily accessible (via flat roof/conservatories etc). I've noticed that the SPC range does not include shock/inertia's.

I mailed Siemens about this and also asked about compatibility with Visonic sensors as I'd had a reply on this subject to another of my threads that Visonic sensors are compatible; kindly from KoolKid, many thanks. So my question is has anything changed on the SPC panel that now makes this compatibility an issue or is it that I just asked the question to the wrong tech at Siemens! here's the response I received:

Are there any options on the SPC to use wireless vibration/shock sensors as I'm, currently using these on my Visonic and would ideally like to keep these or move to a Siemens option?

At present there are no shock sensors that Siemens produce that are wireless,

Unfortunately it was the SigNET panel by Europlex that was visonic compatible
    The SPC range although very similar has different wireless units that are made by Siemens,

If you were to install an SPC panel then the SigNET wireless receiver if you could find one would fit.

As the Signet receivers are now obsolete i would keep an eye on the auction sites as sometimes there is equipment appearing there, if you do manage to find a Signet wireless receiver this could be made to work with SPC and therefore give you both options if you had 2 different receivers

If there is compatibility issues is the any other way to get wireless inertia's onto the SPC panel, my only other thought but not sure if this would work would be to use a Visonic receiver MCR-308 to bridge between the SPC and the Visonic sensors.

Any thoughts on the above would be appreciated, many thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you can get a Visonic receiver then Visonic wireless inertia mcs can be used on an SPC panel. A licence key needs to be obtained from Siemens to facilitate this. If you wish to use Siemens SiWay wireless devices as well a second receiver can be added. I still have Visonic internal receivers . Also if you are adding an internal receiver ensure you get a panel with a plastic lid.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Carbon Fibre

Thanks KoolKid for your response and sorry for my very late response back (been distracted from this project to carry out other projects around the house!!!!!) looking to get this back on track, ordered and installed within the next few months.

Ok so what would be the simplest solution for me to add the wireless inertia sensors. I was planning on getting the SPC 5330 which comes with a metal lid as the 5330 support the 17 Ah battery.

Would it be easier to install Signet wireless inertia’s or Visonic wireless inertia’s or any other manufacture?

As always you're input/thoughts greatly appreciated

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You would need to install a Visonic receiver with external aerial and use Visonic MC sensors.

Hi KoolKid,

Thanks for the prompt response.

I've searched the internet and found the Visonic MCR-308 receiver, is this the Visonic receiver I should get to wire into the SPC and use with Visonic MCT-303 inertia sensors for my windows?

You would be better if you could get 3726-001/2 these are the Europlex receivers for Visonic devices. The 002 is the one that fits into the keypad. There is also a panel version with external aerial. That would be the ideal on.

• Advertisement

Thanks KoolKid I'll take a look around the Internet to see if I can find any suppliers that have them.

What are the advantages of the Europlex receiver over the Visonic receiver?

Do you know of any suppliers that might have the Europlex receiver, I'm in England but happy to import from Ireland which I might need to do for all of the Siemens kit I want as I'm finding it hard to find suppliers of Siemens SPC kit in England!

REW in Finglas or Ballymount. May have them. The Europlex receiver is designed for their panels & will map the zones directly to the panels. Otherwise your using like a quick bridge into hardwired zones.

Thanks again KoolKid for the great advice.

If I can find the Europlex receiver will that just install and work or would I need to obtain a new license key from Siemens to enable it?

I'll drop those suppliers a mail or call to ask about the Europlex receivers and also get some quotes to supply the SPC panel and Siway wireless sensors etc.

You will need a licence key to use the visonic devices. You will also need a second receiver if you want to use SiWay devices as well.

Once again many thanks KoolKid

• Advertisement

Your welcome. Also try RWL for those receivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 chipemulator

Hi Carbon/Koolkid

I want to do exactly the same as Carbon Fibre but with smoke detectors.

Did you have any success with your instalation?

Did you found the Europlex Receiver for siemens panel?

Where can i buy it?

Regards

Hi Carbon/Koolkid

I want to do exactly the same as Carbon Fibre but with smoke detectors.

Did you have any success with your instalation?

Did you found the Europlex Receiver for siemens panel?

Where can i buy it?

Regards

Have you checked with the suppliers listed here..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748

Hi chipemulator,

Sorry for not responding sooner.

To be honest I haven't had the time lately to shop around for the receivers but hope to do so later this week and will let you know how I get on.

Also I haven't got my Siemens panel and keypads etc etc yet as I wanted to make sure that the Siemens panel option would be able to cover all of my requirements via wireless. Having had great responses from KoolKid and others on this forum about ways to cover my requirements I'm now finally ready to start getting the kit together. I'm based in the UK and there are very few or seem to be very few UK suppliers of Europlex and Siemens kit so may need to import from suppliers in Ireland. Again will let you know how I get on.

Hi KoolKid,

Many thanks for the list of suppliers will start mailing / calling around with my shopping list.

Thanks Carbon

Hello group

I installed Visonic compatible wirelless receiver on SPC panel, and Visonic wireless devices are working perfectly.

Thanks Koolkid

Your welcome. Glad you got all sorted.

I have 2xMCT-302 wireless magnetic contact working perfectly.

today i buy MCT-234 Wireless Keyfob Transmitter but it´s not recognized by Siemens Panel :(

Anyone have any experience with they MCT-234 on Siemens Panel?

It should work?
    Any trick?

regards

chipemulator

I have never had any issues. In fact I've seen those remotes work without the need for a licence key.
    Is the remote working. Is the light coming on with a key press?

Hi chipemulator,

I can confirm that they work as I have them configured on my SPC and they enrolled before I'd updated my license key for additional Visonic support.

Apologies if you've already tried registering the RF Fob, if not you need to carry out the following.

Via SPC Pro: go to your user profiles and select the required user, select RF control option for that user.

Via the keypad: (full engineer) Select Users......Edit...(Select the required user to edit)...RF Fob......Enable.......Display should flash "PRESS KEY ON FOB" .....Press key on fob. This should then register the fob for the selected user, you should then see a blue tick within SPC Pro against that user profile under wireless fob.

Once again apologies if you've already been through this process.

Carbon Fibre

• Advertisement

Thanks carbon

I will try it today and i will post results.

Regards
    Chipemulator

:) Remote control is working fine.

Thanks Carbon

Were you trying to enroll it via wireless menu?

Hi Chipemulator,

No problem, only knew this as I've just set mine up and currently testing options before I go live with it.

Glad to be able to help and return something to this great forum for a change.

Thanks

Carbon Fibre

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fjtome

Hello group

I installed Visonic compatible wirelless receiver on SPC panel, and Visonic wireless devices are working perfectly.

Hi chipemulator,

It has been a while since this thread was opened, but I was wondering if you could share which wireless receiver you used and where to find it. I contacted REW and RWLAS and both said they don't have Visonic compatible wireless receivers.

Regards

F

They are scarce enough.
    Have you a panel with a plastic lid or metal lid?

It is an SPC4320 with a metal lid.

Harder to get . You need one with an external aerial.
    You could add one to the keypad but the range wouldn't be as good.

By range you mean distance, right? would it be connected to the XBUS or integrated on the keypad? Would it be possible to find a Visonic compatible wireless sensor for the SPC keypad?

Anyway, the point was to try and get wireless inertia sensors as people say it is best practice. My current setup is very basic and only has PIRs (rush job to get something up and running using the pre-existing wiring).

I want to add perimeter security now and I was wondering about the wireless option (quick and clean). The SPC wireless sensors look a bit limited in functionality (no inertia sensor and while they have an aux port to connect other magnets in series I don't think they support tamper protection on the auxiliary input, am I right?)

Assuming I go with the Siemens wireless module and Siemens contact sensors, what would be the best option given the limitations? I have to protect the following accesses:

- Main entrance door (x1 wireless contact)
    - bay window in sitting room with 2 openings (x1 wireless contact + one wired contact)
    - French doors in dining room with double door and 2 window panels (x1 wireless contact + 2 wired contacts)
    - Window in the kitchen (x1 wireless contact)
    - Exterior door on utility room (x1 wireless contact)
    - Velux window on utility room (x1 wireless contact)
    - 4 bedrooms upstairs, 3 with a single window, 1 with two separate windows (x4 wireless contacts + 1 wired contact)
    - Attic conversion with 3 velux windows (worth doing?...)

In total 10x wireless contacts + a number of extensions.

Is this my best option here?

(all windows and doors are PVC)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Citroen2cv

fjtome wrote: »

I want to add perimeter security now and I was wondering about the wireless option (quick and clean). The SPC wireless sensors look a bit limited in functionality (no inertia sensor and while they have an aux port to connect other magnets in series I don't think they support tamper protection on the auxiliary input, am I right?)

Apologies for picking up on an old thread here, but just wondering if I can connect a GS61x (inertia only, no contact) sensor into the external contact terminals of a Siemens IMKW6-10 wireless contact, therby covering my sitting room window which has 4 openings with one inertia. The wires going to this room were cut during window install.

Advertisement