Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds Nov 29

Options
  • 30-11-2012 2:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭

Anybody at this? I just got home from it, my first time seeing it live. Have to say it was pretty fantastic despite some people saying the new generation would be terrible.

At first when Ogvily the astronomer (didnt catch who played his role) came out to sing during the Eve of War act I thought "oh god, this is horrible!", but his performance of Forever Autumn was a lot better. I dont think he is suited for the role overall though, he seemed really nervous and his voice was up and down.

Parson Nathaniel (Jason Donovan*?) and his wife was truly the hilight of the show! I think Im going to go out on a limb here and say its he is much better than the original (Phil Lynott) or anybody else who sang it. So much energy and emotion put into it.

On a side note: I enjoyed the pyrotechnics and fireworks, but did anybody else think it was a bit dangerous at times?
    Guess Im just not comfortable seeing fire and explosions indoors, and at one stage a large cinder flew into the crowd nearly burning somebody.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Er....wasn't Parson Nathaniel played by Jason Donovan? :D

I thought Marti Pellow was pretty weak, to be honest, but otherwise I enjoyed it. Compared to the pyro Rammstein used at the same venue earlier this year, that was a stroll in the park, but yeah, one biggish cinder did seem to get away from them at one point and I was wondering if it did any damage.

As a footnote, it was the quietest, most civilised crowd I've ever seen leaving the Point after a gig!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

blastman wrote: »
    Er....wasn't Parson Nathaniel played by Jason Donovan? :D

I honestly dont know, I just read that from the wiki article.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I honestly dont know, I just read that from the wiki article.

I think I see the problem here... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭TheHamster

Awesome performance, added far greater depth to the music than any cd
    I did feel that Jason donovans mike could have done with tweaking as he was drowned out by the backing track somewhat

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

I seen this last time it was in town and really enjoyed it. Would have liked to see the new generation but funds are tight. Cant see Liam Neesons voice topping Richard Burtons though :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement