Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 15 Captain

• 30-11-2012 4:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭

RVP or Suarez for me this week I think.

GW 15 Captain? 94 votes

Van Persie - Reading (AWAY)
    0%
    Suarez - Southampton (HOME)
    44%
    SkySterthe whole year inngrowlerdave13bohsman[Deleted User]POKERKINGrorycNecronomiconMacker1RikandRoonboxtom_kEddie EreAmiranirichiebcelticmansterstatsskeane2097[Deleted User] 42 votes
    Tevez - Everton (HOME)
    46%
    SickBoyDempseyjesus_thats_grePWEIDelboy5rock whoreLemlinGLaDOSFizmanFutureGuyneil.p.bEl festinodahatSideshow MarkredarmyPool4LifewonskiCrash Bang WallG1032[Deleted User] 44 votes
    Bale - Fulham (AWAY)
    1%
    Mr Moon 1 vote
    Walcott - Swansea (HOME)
    2%
    BulmersFirst Explorer 2 votes
    Mata - West Ham (AWAY)
    1%
    marvin_spazz 1 vote
    Silva - Everton (HOME)
    0%
    Fellaini - Man City (AWAY)
    1%
    civilnug 1 vote
    Ba - Wigan (HOME)
    0%
    Berbatov - Tottenham (HOME)
    2%
    smokingmanWalter White 2 votes
    Other
    1%
    danbrosnan 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Tevez - Everton (HOME)
    First time in a long while I have a captain dilemma. Usually it's RVP but the last time there was this much hype over an easy fixture for Suárez he banged in 3 against Norwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

First time in a long while I have a captain dilemma. Usually it's RVP but the last time there was this much hype over an easy fixture for Suárez he banged in 3 against Norwich.

The last time I remember so much hype was his fixture against Reading in which he only conjured up an assist. His game against Wigan stands out however and I think he'll grab a goal in his game at the weekend. I don't have him so I'm hoping he gets booked and scores nothing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Tevez - Everton (HOME)
    Señor Luis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

What do ye think of Enrique as capt. I think wisdom will come back in with Johnson reverting to left back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

If I had Suarez I'd probably go for him, but as it is I'm fairly undecided. If Tevez starts he could be chomping at the bit after two consecutive games dropped, but second guessing Mancini's line up is a bit of a mug's game. At the moment it's on him, but that could change.

I have a sneaky feeling about Berbatov doing well against his old club, though Spurs have picked up their form again in the last couple of fixtures.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Tevez - Everton (HOME)
    This will be one of the gameweeks where we will see alot of diverse scoring. Alot of viable choices for captain but I think most will go with either Suarez or Van persie.

A month ago, people would be salivating over the prospect of having either player going up against either team, but both have found some form and defensive solidity.

In addition to having both of thse players, I also have Demba Ba to consider. Wigan have a number of injuries and Ba should do well enough...he's due as they say.

Regardless, that front line is pretty tough to beat this weekend so will probably go with the favourite this week and that is Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

RvP.....Suarez.....RVP.....Suarez.....gonna be like that till I finally click confirm at 1129am Saturday morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

FutureGuy wrote: »
    This will be one of the gameweeks where we will see alot of diverse scoring. Alot of viable choices for captain but I think most will go with either Suarez or Van persie.

A month ago, people would be salivating over the prospect of having either player going up against either team, but both have found some form and defensive solidity.

In addition to having both of thse players, I also have Demba Ba to consider. Wigan have a number of injuries and Ba should do well enough...he's due as they say.

Regardless, that front line is pretty tough to beat this weekend so will probably go with the favourite this week and that is Suarez.

I'm also considering Ba. Wigan are the type of team that could beat Newcastle, or else could let Newcastle score 4 goals. Very unpredictable. I've made that mistake before, expecting points for players playing against Wigan. So Ba is tempting, but I think I'm still leaning towards RVP (don't have Suarez).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,690 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

RVP as captain.

I can see Tevez getting a few if he starts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,061 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

RVP but Cazorla is my only other real option or Defoe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Giroud at home to the swans - just have that feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Cant make my mind up between RVP or Suarez...

Who is winning the pole on FFS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I've been potentially insane and gone for Enrique.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Tevez - Everton (HOME)
    Enrique has one goal for Liverpool, and two league goals in total. You are definitely insane :P

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Tevez - Everton (HOME)
    Enrique has one goal for Liverpool, and two league goals in total. You are definitely insane :P

And he couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo:pac::D
    Gets into good positions though, only a matter of time before he scores again in the position he's in
    he could score 7 or 8 goals this year easily enough, still making him captain is a bit of a stretch.

He has only been playing on the wing in this system for 5 games. Southampton have conceded an average of over 3 a game away from home, and Enrique has been very very attacking of late. That is without considering the extra bonus 4 he might get if Liverpool get the clean sheet that I'm confidentish that they will get.

If this doesn't work out, it isn't something I'm likely to try again.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Tevez - Everton (HOME)
    Oh it's definitely worth a go, just history isn't on your side

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Oh it's definitely worth a go, just history isn't on your side
    Nah I know that, I just don't fancy RVP this week (I've a weird feeling he won't even start) and I don't have (or want long-term) Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Tevez - Everton (HOME)
    CSF wrote: »
    Nah I know that, I just don't fancy RVP this week (I've a weird feeling he won't even start) and I don't have (or want long-term) Suarez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

I have it on Suarez at the moment but could easily change to Van Persie, its one of those weeks I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Tevez - Everton (HOME)
    Between Suarez and Walcott for me (I have RVP too). Walcott has been scoring so well his last few games but I think I'll have to give it to the rat. His recent home form is too good to ignore and if any of my players are going to score a hattrick this weekend, it'll be him.

EDIT: Walcott's now doubtful so it's definitely Suarez for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Tevez - Everton (HOME)
    I have Suarez as captain although I'm not convinced that Liverpool will carve open Southampton. Their form has improved in recent weeks and Liverpool are average.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

RVP could be rested before the manchester derby next weekend
    I'm going to go Bale or Enrique (clean sheet, possible assist)

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

Enrique is a high risk option no doubt and there's huge potential scoring in him. I would be concerned that if Liverpool aren't winning by 60 minutes that he is stuck back to left full and a further attacking option brought on. At this stage in my money leagues I don't need to take risks though.

Giroud/Silva is looking my best bet at the moment.

I've ended up bottling the Enrique idea and going for RVP anyway, now bring on the Enrique clean sheet/hattrick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Suarez, RVP or Bale.........decisions! Suarez just seems too obvious, I know a few at the top of my league will definitely pick him as captain so I might look at going against them, has to be done at times!

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Santi101 wrote: »
    Suarez, RVP or Bale.........decisions! Suarez just seems too obvious, I know a few at the top of my league will definitely pick him as captain so I might look at going against them, has to be done at times!

He's obvious for a reason :pac:

Although there are many other viable options this week. Suarez for me though, RVP vice.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭marvin_spazz

Mata - West Ham (AWAY)
    theo walcott expect double figures from him. slight injury doubt so vc is van persie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Tevez - Everton (HOME)
    People are putting a lot of faith in Liverpool. I'm captaining Suarez but I'd never dream if having 3 Pool players in my squad like some are doing, even if Sterling is normally the resident bench warmer.

• Advertisement

Tevez - Everton (HOME)
    Few things made me pick Suarez over RVP.

Scholes and Giggs are likely to play, when they play together, UTD rarely do well.

Rvp's last goal was lucky, no goals in two games before it.

Suarez has threatened goal more recently than RVP, having watched the games.

All goals for Liverpool go through Suarez almost, while Utd can vary their scorers more.

Liverpool are home, Utd are away. I have a bit of a rule here, if in doubt, go with the home guy.

I WANTED to captain RVP, because as a Utd supporter, I'd much prefer to be cheering for Rvp and feel dirty even having Suarez in the team. But Suarez has to be the favourite....

Advertisement