Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 15 Captain

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Sacramento wrote: »
    Few things made me pick Suarez over RVP.

Scholes and Giggs are likely to play, when they play together, UTD rarely do well.

Rvp's last goal was lucky, no goals in two games before it.

Suarez has threatened goal more recently than RVP, having watched the games.

All goals for Liverpool go through Suarez almost, while Utd can vary their scorers more.

Liverpool are home, Utd are away. I have a bit of a rule here, if in doubt, go with the home guy.

I WANTED to captain RVP, because as a Utd supporter, I'd much prefer to be cheering for Rvp and feel dirty even having Suarez in the team. But Suarez has to be the favourite....
    Also went with Suarez over RVP for most of same reasons AND I just want to enjoy the day without a niggling doubt in my head that RVP may not start......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Suarez and RVP have very similar stats over the last 2 weeks. If anything RVP may edge it on chances created.

Giggs is ill so shouldn't be playing.

Can't knock the home/away logic though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Tevez - Everton (HOME)
    vp most capt'd tevez most vc'd think that tells you how many 'casual' players there are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Suarez - Southampton (HOME)
    manual_man wrote: »
    vp most capt'd tevez most vc'd think that tells you how many 'casual' players there are

:confused:

Not really sure what you mean by that. They're two decent shouts for this week. Tevez is a risk, not starting the last two games, but if he does start it's a potentially good fixture for him with Everton in mixed form. RVP hasn't been tearing it up the last few weeks, but he's always worth a punt as captain (home or away), especially against a porous Reading defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Tevez - Everton (HOME)

:confused:

Not really sure what you mean by that. They're two decent shouts for this week. Tevez is a risk, not starting the last two games, but if he does start it's a potentially good fixture for him with Everton in mixed form. RVP hasn't been tearing it up the last few weeks, but he's always worth a punt as captain (home or away), especially against a porous Reading defence.

i mean players that don't regularly change their setup... i'm not saying Tevez won't do well... but i think the fact he only got 2% on the ffs poll and yet he's the most vc'd shows the larger number of 'casual' players with teams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i have it on VP, but i'm really concerned he'll be rested.

the only thing that says to me he won't be is the midweek game. full strength Utd today, second string midweek, full strength for the Manchester derby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

manual_man wrote: »
    i mean players that don't regularly change their setup... i'm not saying Tevez won't do well... but i think the fact he only got 2% on the ffs poll and yet he's the most vc'd shows the larger number of 'casual' players with teams

Ah, I get you now. Surprised he's so low on FFS though, still think he's a decent shout, though a bit risky as I said.
    SlickRic wrote: »
    i have it on VP, but i'm really concerned he'll be rested.

the only thing that says to me he won't be is the midweek game. full strength Utd today, second string midweek, full strength for the Manchester derby.
    I don't think he'll be rested, especially with the chance to rest him midweek. The goals aren't really flowing right now, so I don't see why he'd remove such a potent goal threat. It's so tight at the top as well, and you'd expect City to go back top before United kick off; it's not really the appropriate time to rest players. Besides, Valencia and Nani being injured leaves United lighter in attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

I'm happy with the Enrique captain choice, clean sheet and possible bonus pt:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    I'm happy with the Enrique captain choice, clean sheet and possible bonus pt:p
    Wait till RVP gets a hat trick and you'll be crying ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Wait till RVP gets a hat trick and you'll be crying ;)

Haha, i have him as well but he's been frustrating the last few gameweeks. United are well capable of getting a few today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    Haha, i have him as well but he's been frustrating the last few gameweeks. United are well capable of getting a few today.
    Aye I'm getting my hopes up and yes they are capable but to be honest it looking like it will be 2-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

suarez. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

I have Suarez in my team but delighted he didnt do it as I know some of the leaders in my league would have picked him today.

RVP captain, lets go!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

Don't have RVP in my team but I'll admit one thing I'm jealous about is that he's an easy pick for captain week in and week out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

jolim24601 wrote: »
    Don't have RVP in my team but I'll admit one thing I'm jealous about is that he's an easy pick for captain week in and week out...

Not this week away to City. The easy choice is gone...some thinking needs to be done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

I'm going with michu over RVP went enrique over him last gw and it worked out with the bonus

Advertisement