Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emobile faulty phone and cancel contract

Options
  • 30-11-2012 8:26am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭

I moved from Meteor to emobile last friday and signed up for the mobile/ bradband/ landline package costing 80 per month. I paid €49 towards a new samsung and this phone was recommended by the person in the shop.

On Wednesday the phone would not charge. I tried the car charger, mains charger and the pc charger. I turned off the phone and the next day went back to the shop. Of course the bloody thing charged in there. I dont trust the phone and I want to cancel the entire deal. They were quite patronising and rude in the shop and I left embafrrassed and feeling as if I did something wrong. My main issue is that the phone played up after 5 days and I dont trust it and it didnt live up to the sales pitch I received from the guy in the shop.

I believe I am within my rights under a 14 day cooling off period. The guy in the shop said there needs to be a fault with the phone to cancel the agreement.

How do I find out my rights? (BTW when I go into the T&C page on their site an error message comes up so I cant even access from there.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

CaraMay wrote: »
    I moved from Meteor to emobile last friday and signed up for the mobile/ bradband/ landline package costing 80 per month. I paid €49 towards a new samsung and this phone was recommended by the person in the shop.

On Wednesday the phone would not charge. I tried the car charger, mains charger and the pc charger. I turned off the phone and the next day went back to the shop. Of course the bloody thing charged in there. I dont trust the phone and I want to cancel the entire deal. They were quite patronising and rude in the shop and I left embafrrassed and feeling as if I did something wrong. My main issue is that the phone played up after 5 days and I dont trust it and it didnt live up to the sales pitch I received from the guy in the shop.

I believe I am within my rights under a 14 day cooling off period. The guy in the shop said there needs to be a fault with the phone to cancel the agreement.

How do I find out my rights? (BTW when I go into the T&C page on their site an error message comes up so I cant even access from there.

Hi CaraMay,

Sorry to hear of the issues with your phone. I have been advised that if the handset is faulty and it is within the first 28 days it will have to be sent off to repairs to confirm the fault of the phone.

Once the fault is confirmed then you can cancel your account.

Grainne

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

what aboout a 14 day cooling off period on all consumer contracts?

I cant rely on that phone so i wont use it and given the treatment yesterday i dont want any more to do with Eircom.

what aboout a 14 day cooling off period on all consumer contracts?

I cant rely on that phone so i wont use it and given the treatment yesterday i dont want any more to do with Eircom.

Hi CaraMay,

eMobile have a 7 day colling off period. When did you sign your contract? If you PM your mobile number and PIN I can look into this for you.

Gráinne

Last friday and I reported it yesterday.

They were supposed to call me this morning but didnt so i called just now and they said I was entitled to a replacement phone. After the treatment yesterday, I told them I am cancelling the lot and Eircom will be down €960 per annum from me.

Its all about customer service Grainne...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

They were supposed to call me this morning but didnt so i called just now and they said I was entitled to a replacement phone. After the treatment yesterday, I told them I am cancelling the lot and Eircom will be down €960 per annum from me.

This is better treatment than you'll get from most networks...

• Advertisement

Hi CaraMay,

I totally understand your frustration and my apologies for the way you were spoken to in the store.

If you want me to investigate further could you PM your mobile number and pin and I will be happy to assist.

Gráinne

Thanks Grainne. I got chatting to the guy in the shop again who was fantastic all along. His boss was not hovering and butting in like the last time and we solved it all and the contract remains. He will be getting very positive feedback but his area manager (boss) will be getting an earfull about customer service.

Thanks Grainne. I got chatting to the guy in the shop again who was fantastic all along. His boss was not hovering and butting in like the last time and we solved it all and the contract remains. He will be getting very positive feedback but his area manager (boss) will be getting an earfull about customer service.

Hi CaraMay,

Glad to hear that the agent was able resolve the issue for you. Thank you for letting me know this. If I can assist you in anyway don't hesitate to contact me here.

Gráinne

Advertisement