Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no fuss canapés for christmas party

Options
  • 30-11-2012 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭

any ideas.
    don't want to spend all my time cooking while guests are coming. I'm having a small get together the night before Christmas eve (its a surprise birthday/christmas get together). Any ideas of finger food I can prepare during the day and will stay good till when guests arrive.

Comments

little rounds of brown bread and smoked salmon
    mini vol au vents filled with stewed apple
    mini mozarella balls on a cocktail stick with a leaf of basil and a cherry tomato
    some good quality pate in a bowl on a plate of water crackers
    cheese and pesto on ritz crackers

that's off the top of my head, I'm drawing a blank!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

thank you so much

I Love the idea of the mozzarella balls and tomato. Will definitely do those. and the smoked salmon is a must too.

I was thinking of doing some prawns - should I just arrange them around a plate with a sauce in the middle for dipping. Would that be the least messy option. Just put loads of cocktail stick on the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Silas45

Aldi are doing a prawn ring now, with dips. Looks like all you have to do is unwrap it so its fuss free.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Smoked salmon pate is lovely and would be pretty easy to make but you can buy a lovely one in M&S - divine and just have little pieces of toasted bread for spreading it on. You could have hummous too - again they do a lovely roasted red pepper one in M&S :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

great ideas guys, thanks so much.

I have seen the prawn rings but I usually would get my prawns at a fishmonger - I think they taste better. How many prawns (medium sized) would I need per person - there will be about 25 people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

You could make onion tartlets or quiches in advance, freeze them then reheat that morning. Cut into elegant slices on a platter and you're away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Takes a little cooking while guests are there but we never have a party without deep fried pitta bread.

Cut into finger like strips and throw for a min or until crispy into the deep fat fryer and serve with dips. Nom nom nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

Mozzarella and mint stuffed figs with Parma ham wrapped around it. I'm planning on trying it this Christmas, it's super easy and sounds delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Cocktail sausages. Everyone loves cocktail sausages. Maybe a honey and mustard glaze?

Advertisement