Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham vs Chelsea K/O 12:45PM Sky Sports 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Yeah, how dare they chant the name of the manager that won the holy grail (CL) and a club legend, idiots

that's not why they are chanting and you know it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Really disagree with these Chelsea fans attacking Rafa.

Liverpool fans didn't like Kenny being dumped, but didn't go out and directly oppose Brendan Rodgers and boo him, and chant Kenny's name.

All well and good supporting Di Matteo, but support your present manager. Its Abromovic they should be attacking.

Madness. At 1-0 up as well.

EDIT: And the banner to top it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Carving west ham at will at the moment - need to put away a few chances

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

We should have this game put to bed by half time , I would be fearful if we dont

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Really disagree with these Chelsea fans attacking Rafa.

Liverpool fans didn't like Kenny being dumped, but didn't go out and directly oppose Brendan Rodgers and boo him, and chant Kenny's name.

All well and good supporting Di Matteo, but support your present manager. Its Abromovic they should be attacking.

Madness. At 1-0 up as well.

EDIT: And the banner to top it off.

I dont think Roggers ever said anything inflammatory about Liverpool or its fans ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Yeah, how dare they chant the name of the manager that won the holy grail (CL) and a club legend, idiots

Yeah but ye're playing west ham off the park, save it for another day. Anyways their beef should lie with roman tbh but that would be suicide chanting him out.

Glad i put azpilicueta in my ff team, looks a player! Awesome name to boot too.

Jesus Torres hit the bloody target , Rambo should of taken that himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Torres was being outpaced by everyone in that counter

I dont think Roggers ever said anything inflammatory about Liverpool or its fans ?
    What did Rafa say about Chelsea?

I know there was a strong rivalry there, but I don't remember anything directly aimed at insulting Chelsea fans or the club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Moses should not be allowed shoot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

I know there was a strong rivalry there, but I don't remember anything directly aimed at insulting Chelsea fans or the club.
    We don’t need to give away stupid plastic flags to our fans to wave, our supporters are always there with their hearts and that is all we need. It’s the passion of the fans that helps us to win matches, not flags. Chelsea fans lack passion.”

Rafa in 2007.

Jesus Torres hit the bloody target , Rambo should of taken that himself

Yep should have slipped the ball to Ivan i think it was. He was in the position that Torres should have been in - running onto a pass

Have a read about it , lets put it this way its the reason the fans are not happy with him.

We badly need a second here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

We don’t need to give away stupid plastic flags to our fans to wave, our supporters are always there with their hearts and that is all we need. It’s the passion of the fans that helps us to win matches, not flags. Chelsea fans lack passi

sounds exactly right though, Chelsea did hand out plastics flags at every CL game, Liverpools were hand woven.

double GG wrote: »
    Rafa in 2007.
    Ok, it was more praising the Liverpool fans then attacking Chelsea fans, but at the time it was sort of true. :P

These days its the opposite :( Atmosphere at Anfield hasn't been the same since Rafa left.

• Advertisement

We could fill our boots here if we get another soon , West Ham are making us look really good !

Players even look like there enjoying themselves out there ,

Great move from Hazzard there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Chelsea need a second or bad things will happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Chelsea are looking very good, was a great goal and they should have more

Good call from the ref. Collins was all over Ivanovic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Very soft call there, hardly a push.

• Advertisement

Torres took a shot:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Good call from the ref. Collins was all over Ivanovic.
    No he wasn't he was protecting himself from Ivanovic who was backing into him, if it was the other way around the ref would of had turned a blind eye. No consistency at all with these refs.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Very soft call there, hardly a push.

You can't put your hands on the back of another player.

It's just a pity there is no consistency between refs for the decision.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    You can't put your hands on the back of another player.

It's just a pity there is no consistency between refs for the decision.

Happens all the time, he hardly pushed him.

It's a contact sport ffs (although the current state of the game would make you think different).

Paddy Power ‏@paddypower
    496,033 – The number of 100m races Usain Bolt could have run...since Torres last scored

Happens all the time, he hardly pushed him.

It's a contact sport ffs (although the current state of the game would make you think different).

Well I'm judging it on how the sport is deemed to be played these days and as you said, it's gone soft. Pushing/laying hands on the back of another player is seen as a foul.

Anyway, I hope West Ham can find a way back into the game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Rafa in 2007.

Context is an amazing word.

Great save!

ahhh, should be two

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

its amazing to hear an element of the crowd in upton park singing ''always the victims'' and ''murderers'' (presumably a dig at Rafa) and not to have this forum up in arms the way it was when united fans did it earlier in the season !

• Advertisement

West ham fans have not been covering themselves in glory these last few weeks at all if that is the case, youd think people would learn, their chants at WHL were disgusting

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

n32 wrote: »
    its amazing to hear an element of the crowd in upton park singing ''always the victims'' and ''murderers'' (presumably a dig at Rafa) and not to have this forum up in arms the way it was when united fans did it earlier in the season !

Richard Buxton ‏@Richard_Buxton_
    Chelsea fans chanting "you Scouse b*****d", "murderers" & more besides at Kevin Nolan.

Cech nearly broke Cahill in two there!

Surely that was a red for Cech ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

savage save by Cech

ah, no:confused:

Think a yellow was fair enough

Chelsea look more organised, better going forward, just the old final pass problem

I can see west ham getting back into this from a set piece where they look very dangerous. Chelsea need to get the second.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Thread should be renamed "The Rafa Benitez Show" :rolleyes:

Not the worst game, there could be something in this yet for The Hammers.
    Chelsea not making the most of their attacks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Chelsea should just get behind the manager.

Love him or hate him Rafa knows his stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Rafa in 2007.

Pretty sure he never actually said that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Pretty sure he never actually said that.

Amiable actually posted the full quote last week.....funnily enough it seems to have gone unnoticed.

Chelsea should just get behind the manager.

Love him or hate him Rafa knows his stuff.

I agree, personally I will support anyone who is in charge because that will help the team. This nonsense from some fans is counter productive especially since rafa is only interim manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Thank god it's december now, we can put an end to our annual november slump.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

Benitez 4 ev4r

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Phoenix wrote: »
    Probably would have helped if the national papers didnt spread these false quotes around too,also have Chelsea fans not the right to voice solidarity with Di Matteo considering how he was sacked?

Yes, but to immediately undermine a new manager in such a classless manner is little short of retarded.

The fans should be behind Rafa, anything else is counter productive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Nolan is some whinger.

Much better from West Ham.

• Advertisement
Advertisement