Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retrieving/Restoring App deleted by accident

• 30-11-2012 11:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭

Is there anyway possible to retrieve an app that was deleted by accident and to restore all its info that was stored in that app?

My 2 year old managed to delete an app called "My Days" and i had a years worth of info stored in, notes on specific dates etc

I went to the app store and restored the app from my purchase history list but its just reinstalled the default app.

Is there any way of restore all the info that i have inputted over the last 12 months???

Oh - my icloud is not working properly either, my phone hasn't been backed up since September, it was telling me icloud didn't have enough space, so i removed my photos from the phone to my pc at home thinking this would rectify the problem but it hasn't?????

HELP!!!! :confused::eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Unfortunately if you don't have an iCloud backup, you're bunched...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭kassie

figured as much...any tips on how i might fix my icloud prob?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Have you reached your storage limit with iCloud?

Any chance you had of retrieving the data associated with your app may be gone since you reinstalled. Do you have any data-protection system installed? Was your "My Days" data backed up to iCloud?

see, i'm not 100% sure how to use icloud, when i log in on the computer it only gives me the options of mail, contacts, calendar, notes, reminders, find my iphone and iwork. Nothing about photos or apps or music.

I've gone into icloud on my phone and switched off the apps on my phone that i'm not worried about backing up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

I'm not 100% on your specific question, but I think that you could be screwed and the app is gone.

Just as an aside though, enable the option in your settings that prevents apps from being deleted (by 2 year olds or anyone else). I had to do that myself after a similar experience to yourself. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Doodah7

As a further comment, I see that the app My Days allows backups via Dropbox. I guess you didn't happen to do that either?

Nope, didn't know that! thanks tho

Advertisement