Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December Games

Options
  • 30-11-2012 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭

Fulham v Tottenham, Sat 1 Dec, 15:00
    Tottenham v Panathinaikos, Thu 6 Dec, 20:05
    Everton v Tottenham, Sun 9 Dec, 15:00
    Tottenham v Swansea, Sun 16 Dec, 13:30
    Tottenham v Stoke, Sat 22 Dec,15:00
    Aston Villa v Tottenham , Wed 26 Dec, 17:30
    Sunderland v Tottenham, Sat 29 Dec, 12:45

Key stage of the season now. December will define if we are in the mix for a Top 4 spot.

I think of the 6 league games 14/18 points is a must and very doable putting us on 37 points at the turn of the year - just off 2 points a game. This is in line with our tally at same stage last year (maybe a few points less).

Considering we have lots of talent to come back into the team and I expect a striker or 2 to appear in January this could turn out to be a better year than it looked a few weeks ago. We badly need Kaboul / BAE back with Vertonghen/Kaboul/Caulker fighting for the 2 CB spots. Dawson should be backup and I just dont think Gallas is up to it anymore - he makes way too many mistakes these days. Not too unlike Ledley at the end of his great career.

Liverpool fans going on about their bad luck against us and maybe they have a point but I think we have lots of improving to do also. I think AVB is on the right track and when the system beds in fully with the players we will be formidable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I like your post. It's optimistic. I think it shows how well AVB is doing. We've got a weaker squad than last year, yet we are competing at the same levels.

I don't think any of Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal or Liverpool have clicked this season, and I'd include us in that group. The sooner we can get thinks clicking, the sooner we can take advantage of the teams around us - though I'm sure United and City fans are thinking the exact same thing.

I think a more realistic achievement for this busy period is 12 points from those six games, giving us a two point average. Then hopefully add a bit of strength in January and increase our points total from there on in.

Hopefully we can get some of the injured players back before the Christmas period - Parker, BAE and Kaboul would add some well needed strength to the squad at just the right time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Good post though, seven very winnable games, Adebayor serves the last game of his ban this weekend (flies past when we're winning games) so back in time to lead the line against Everton which will be probably the toughest game of them all.

Parker should be fit to return for the Swansea game (probably as sub) and Kaboul might make the Sunderland game. Very little word on BAE's knee which is bad news for SuperJan, teams are targeting the space between him and Bale, City and Liverpool certainly did.

First up Fulham away, tough game.

Spot on, he struggles in the last 20 in particular. Danny Rose is flying with Sunderland :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Good post though, seven very winnable games, Adebayor serves the last game of his ban this weekend (flies past when we're winning games) so back in time to lead the line against Everton which will be probably the toughest game of them all.

Parker should be fit to return for the Swansea game (probably as sub) and Kaboul might make the Sunderland game. Very little word on BAE's knee which is bad news for SuperJan, teams are targeting the space between him and Bale, City and Liverpool certainly did.

First up Fulham away, tough game. We had 31pts at this stage last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Fulham away is a tough game but one we should be winning when you compare our squad to their's. I wouldnt be happy with anything other than a win there.

Dempsey to score, gauranteed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

One game at a time is right. It shows how much current form(and by current i mean 1 week of it) changes expectations.

It think that regardless of the points we get from these games this month will give us a much clearer view of how well AVB is doing.

Yes we SHOULD be winning 5 out of those 7 at least but then we have to bear in mind that poxy decisions, potentially defensive displays and willy gallas might well have a part to play.

From the 18 points on offer in the PL i would expect 13 at the least and that allows for the odd slip up

• Advertisement
Advertisement