Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Branch Changes (swords Branch specifically)

Options
  • 30-11-2012 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi,

This is more feedback than a question.

The Swords branch has recently changed, with the removal of the customer service desk, the automation of a lot of functions and changes to business banking.

I use business banking and sometimes lodge coins as well as cash and also have other queries dealt with.
    The business banking room has changed from having two teller windows to one.

My wait time in the past week since this was introduced has doubled every time I've been in. For the majority of transactions that I carry out I have to go to the window and interact with a human.
    The people who work in behind the counter are great by the way. I can see though that they have been under pressure these last two weeks.
    The room itself is tiny and in the last week I find that because of the queues people are squashed in and more people have to wait outside the door.

Anyway, I just want to point out that it's been a very bad customer experience for me personally since the changes have been implemented.

As BOI are doing this to save costs, will you be passing on some of these cost reductions to business banking customers?

Can you pass on my feedback to the relevent people?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi Retailer.

We are sorry to hear you are not entirely satisfied with our new branch layout.
    We want to offer our customers the opportunity for more efficient day-to-day banking and from time to time we pilot and implement new technology, service changes and enhancements.

We always aim to work closely with our customers when any changes are made and although the physical customer service desk is removed, the customer service officials remain available.

We apologise that this was not the service you recently received. As always, your feedback is appreciated and we have referred it on to our Branch Network Team.
    Retailer wrote: »
    As BOI are doing this to save costs, will you be passing on some of these cost reductions to business banking customers?

Our Business Banking fees are reviewed periodically. We will notify our customers of any changes to the fee structure.

Thanks for getting in touch.
    Laura

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Retailer

Hi Retailer.
    We want to offer our customers the opportunity for more efficient day-to-day banking and from time to time we pilot and implement new technology, service changes and enhancements.

We always aim to work closely with our customers when any changes are made and although the physical customer service desk is removed, the customer service officials remain available.

We apologise that this was not the service you recently received. As always, your feedback is appreciated and we have referred it on to our Branch Network Team.

Hi Laura,

Thanks for the response.
    Just to clarify, the problem I have personally is not with the lack of customer service desk, but with the reduction from 2 to 1 the number of tellers in the Business Banking section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Retailer,

Thanks for the clarification, we will ensure this is made clear to the Branch Network Team when we pass on your feedback.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement