Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

zappatag.ie - clear text password

Options
  • 30-11-2012 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

just requested a password change from zappatag.ie and they send me my password that i had previously entered in clear text withour any requirement to change it etc.

i know that this is a data protection issue but not too sure where to send the complaint? Do i Raise it with zappatag/insomnia/data protection comissioner?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Thats certainly concerning alright, would question if they are storing them in plain text format if they can be just sent out like that.

I'd raise a complaint with the company first and depending on response etc I'd go to data protection comissioner, might be an idea to raise it with data protection comissioner anyway

They have details on their website - http://zapatag.ie/privacy-policy.html

Advertisement