Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Prices for Ipad?

Options
  • 30-11-2012 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm basically looking for the best price/bundle/deal you have seen for the Ipad3 with Retina Display? And if you could clear it up for me, is there a 3rd Gen model, and then a 3rd Gen with retina also? :confused:

Its gonna be a gift for someone and they are pretty much set on the Ipad, I know there are loads of suitable alternatives but we have settled on just going for the Ipad.

By the looks of it prices seem pretty uniform across the board, so have any of noticed any price differences or even good bundles with free accessories/cases even?

Many Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Have a look on the apple website on the refurbished page, I got my ipad3 on it for€375 including delivery and I'm very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

The iPad 3rd gen (it's standard with retina there's no 3rd gen without retina) is what was launched as "the new iPad" (after iPad 2).
    This model isn't actually made anymore as it is replaced by the "iPad with retina" (it's the 4th gen, "with retina" is just the name even though the old 3rd gen had retina as well). Oh and to make it more confusing you can still get the iPad 2.
    The 4th gen iPad is only just out so you might be able to find a 3rd gen around and they should be on offer as they're sort of old stock now...
    Difference between 3 and 4 is processor and connector and maybe some other small changes.
    Dixons travel in dub airport generally has the best prices (cheapest is about €30 cheaper but bigger difference on more expensive models). Otherwise try Pigsback.
    Argos seem to have some discounts on 3rd gen iPads (while stocks last I assume).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭dorkacle

Thanks for clearing that up for me flyguy!

I'll defo check out Pigsback.

And Tipperary, cheers for the tip. I don't know if I'd feel right giving someone a refurbished one as a gift?
    I'm sure there would be no problems with them, I dunno ha!

Advertisement