Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Year's Eve

Options
  • 30-11-2012 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if any good events happening in Dublin for New Year's Eve?

It's normally such a let down of a night and too much hassle to organise a trip away.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

I'm not sure as I am having a small party at home myself, but for future reference I would be interested to know if people still go to Christchurch.

It used to be great gas to come out of a pub, get some chips at Burdock's and then see in the new year with the bells.

Mind you, it could get a bit rowdy.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lustrum

It's been a couple of years since I was at Christchurch as have been away for the last several new years, but I remember it was a great way to ring it in. Loads of groups of friends, families, people bring their own stools, champers, guards have the streets closed off. There was a great atmosphere, no skangbags and no nobs getting locked and turning up to ruin everyone's fun. If you have a group, I'd definitely recommend it as an alternative to some pub in town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Check out: nyedublin.ie

Didn't go myself last year, but I've heard from others that it was a great night out. It's on again this year. Strictly over 18s. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

There's a New Year's eve gig going to happen on College Green:

http://www.thejournal.ie/dublin-new-years-eve-2-699006-Dec2012/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

anyone know of any pubs that will be ticketed or something that night, nothing special but just somewhere that wont be completely jammed with extremely loud music

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 xxsunshinexx

Anyone advise on places to go out in city centre on NYE- that won't cost a bomb to step through the door?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there is a gig on at bank of ireland on college green. i would imagine most pubs would be packed to the rafters, any that i have worked in on that night were

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Do you mean clubs?

The firework show is on at stephens green at 8ish!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

What are the pubs on Baggot St. like on NYE? Really really packed?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 summerhurler

Hi all,

Very interested to know whether the fireworks over stephens green would also be visible from college green (area for the concert). anyone remember if this was the case last year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Threads merged.

tHB

Advertisement