Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help me find a model car!

Options
  • 30-11-2012 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,122 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

My Grandad every time he was buying a car used to get the dealer to give a replica model of the car he was buying, so I thought this would be a good thing to do too.

I have a Corsa B (93-00) 5 door model.

About 4 years ago I managed to buy a small scaled model of my car (I think 1/43 , it was the only one I could find) in a horrible greeny colour. My uncle used to be big into painting figurines before and I asked would he be able to paint it black for me. I think i got it from ebay or something.

Fast forward til now, and that Uncle has since emigrated to Canada, cant imagine he brought the thing with him, I never got it back, so I'd imagine its in a landfill somewhere!

So I decided to try again, but I cant even find the same model now. Im struggling to get pictures of it, never mind buy it! IIRC this is the same model I had

Does anyone have places they could recommend me looking?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭PanhardPL

Try tacot.com, they have a massive selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

There's a few on E-bay too i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,122 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Thanks for the suggestions.

Im pretty sure it was ebay i bought it on the first time. I cant find one this time round

I had a look at that site, lots of corsa's, mine wasnt there though. Might have been a little on the pricey side anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

• Registered Users Posts: 7,122 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Im actually after finding a couple on ebay (i changed the way i was searching)

Stay tuned for my thread asking how to paint it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Im actually after finding a couple on ebay (i changed the way i was searching)

Stay tuned for my thread asking how to paint it :)

That's simple to do really, take the model apart either by drilling out the rivet holding it together or the screw if it has one. Then either get an aerosol can of paint and spray it, {you can get the exact colour mixed and put in a can in Halfords iirc} or paint it with a brush. Then put the model back together either with the screw if it had one, or some superglue if you drilled out the rivet.

Advertisement