Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas installation

Options
  • 30-11-2012 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how much would the installation of gas into a house be that is currently run on oil. the gas main is at the drive way . Dublin 15 area

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

Hi,

Just wondering did you ever get a price on this? Just after buying a house and thinking of converting it to gas as need to buy a new oil burner anyways.

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 208 ✭✭daver123

jonnybravo wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering did you ever get a price on this? Just after buying a house and thinking of converting it to gas as need to buy a new oil burner anyways.

Thanks

Bord Gais charged me 250 euro to connect the house to the gas main it took about 4 weeks from filling in the application form

daver123 wrote: »
    Bord Gais charged me 250 euro to connect the house to the gas main it took about 4 weeks from filling in the application form

Thanks for getting back to me. Good to know re waiting time. Any rough idea how much everything else cost - boilers, plumber etc.?

Thanks,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 208 ✭✭daver123

Thanks for getting back to me. Good to know re waiting time. Any rough idea how much everything else cost - boilers, plumber etc.?

Thanks,

No experience of the cost of converting from oil to gas as mine was a new build.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Hi,

Thanks

I never got any feed back. I was just wondering from an investment point of view. OFCH houses seem to be cheaper.

• Advertisement

I never got any feed back. I was just wondering from an investment point of view. OFCH houses seem to be cheaper.

Ah right - thanks for getting back to me anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Hi,

Thanks
    Why not install a new condensing oil boiler?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

If I'm not mistaken mains gas is way cheaper than oil?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭vagabond2013

depending on which type of gas boiler you need you would be looking in the region of €2000 inc materials

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

depending on which type of gas boiler you need you would be looking in the region of €2000 inc materials

Yes of course,but aren't the on going running costs much lower.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the replies. Anyway of knowing who a good RGI would be. Reading about a lot of Dodgey installers.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭vagabond2013

Only way to know that is get someone whos been recommended and check out their previous work... im affiliated to the national guild of master craftsmen if you ring them im sure they would recommend a good plumber with references

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Thanks for all the replies. Anyway of knowing who a good RGI would be. Reading about a lot of Dodgey installers.
    What part of the country u in?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

So is 2,000 a good ball park figure for getting boiler/labour/materials on top of the 250eur Bord Gais charge to feed it in? What should be done first?

How would this compare to going for a greener option such as solar panels on the roof or something along these lines in conjunction with using a stove (not a boiler stove) to heat the sitting room I wonder?

Only way to know that is get someone whos been recommended and check out their previous work... im affiliated to the national guild of master craftsmen if you ring them im sure they would recommend a good plumber with references

Cheers that's a good idea. I hadn't thought of that.

Dtp79 wrote: »
    What part of the country u in?

Dublin 15 - near Blanchardstown village

Advertisement