Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent TSB mortgage

Options
  • 30-11-2012 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭

So my husband and I have a tracker mortgage with PTSB. Never had any issues previously until last month.

October was majorly expensive due to €2k of car repairs to hubbie's jeep which he needed for work. Our mortgage was due to be paid on Oct' 10th but the funds werent there.

I rang them in good time and advised them it would be sorted within two weeks and they said that was ok.

I paid the mortgage online on 20th Oct and the payment cleared on 23rd Oct.

Now I see from online banking they have increased my monthly mortgage payment by €4.85 per month. It might not sound a lot but this will cost us €1100.95 over the lifetime of the mortgage. Bit unfair for only 10 days late.

Can they do this? Do I have any grounds to complain?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭rameire

Looks like they replanned the mortgage repayment based on you not paying the missed direct debit.
    The extra funds will help reduce the balance quicker and would not be interest charges. So they are not really disadvantaging you.
    Just ring them up and ask them to replan the repayment.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

that makes sense actually - I'll ring and check. thanks for the reply.

Advertisement