Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Houses at Charlestown, Finglas

Options
  • 29-11-2012 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Does anyone know what year the houses were built in Charlestown? Also, would the house be about 90sq metres in size? I need to know for insurance purposes!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I think they were 2004/2005 builds. Sounds right about the size.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Every house will be different, even ones to the same nominal design in the same estate. A three- or four-bed house could be substantially bigger than a two-bed. Likewise a house with an extra living / reception room or an odd shape could be larger than what the number of bedrooms would suggest.

Check the documents you got when you purchased the house, especially the snag list and title documents - ignore the brochure somewhat.

Please don't drag up 4-5 year old threads without good reason

Original thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055166070 split to:

Houses at Charlestown, Finglas http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056820791

Construction in Charlestown Centre, Finglas http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056820836

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

I went to see show houses there in 2001/2002

have a look myhome.ie for the size. there are hundreds of houses in Charlestown for sale and they shoud have the size in the specs

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Triangular

Victor wrote: »
    Please don't drag up 4-5 year old threads without good reason

I searched google for the answers and the original thread was in the results, so instead of starting a new thread on the same subject matter I thought it better to add to one that already existed.

irishbird wrote: »
    I went to see show houses there in 2001/2002

Damn! That's thrown me way off. I thought that they were built around 2004 as well. The insurance have said they will allow for 1 year either side of the year I say but it looks like I'll have to do some more research!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Triangular wrote: »
    I searched google for the answers and the original thread was in the results, so instead of starting a new thread on the same subject matter I thought it better to add to one that already existed.

Damn! That's thrown me way off. I thought that they were built around 2004 as well. The insurance have said they will allow for 1 year either side of the year I say but it looks like I'll have to do some more research!

When did you buy?
    Check with your solicitor as they will have all the details.

Also, depends what estate you bought in. Cityside were being built right up to and finished in 2006. Citygate in 2007 for example. The 3 beds in those estates are approx 135 sq M.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭goodie2shoes

there is NO insurance that will cover you for living in finglas.

there is NO insurance that will cover you for living in finglas.
    Constructive posts only please.

Advertisement