Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General advice on Colofac for IBS symptoms

Options
  • 30-11-2012 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Basically, my doctor is waiting for me to have a scan and awaiting some test results but in the mean time prescribed me colofac for what she believes may be ibs symptons, she's between that and an abdominal ulcer but not sure.

I didn't really think to ask her any questions about what she was prescribing me until I left so basically all I want to know is:

a) Can these be taken with alcohol

b) Do they have any negitive interaction witht the contraceptive pill

c) Is there any harm in taking them in the mean time if in fact in turns out that I don't have IBS at all.

Technically I am not looking for medical advice as I haven't collected the prescription, I'm just wondering does anybody who has taken Colofac know the answers to the above questions.

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Op, these are questions you will have to ask your doctor or pharmacist, as they are specific to the type of pill you are on and your health in general.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement