Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

touch.boards.ie changes

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Slidey wrote: »
    Any idea if this will be addressed?

It's not a question of if, it's a question of when and I'm afraid we don't have any timeline for this just yet :(

Danny

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Can you develop an a through to z tab on the side of the forum list to quickly jump to forum letter similar to on an iPhone's contact list?

I see this was sorted. Cheers for that lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Sorry guys. Can't find the main thread where ye sorted out the black border/things moving to top of page etc. so I'll stick it here.

It's happened to me numerous times in the last couple of days that: When I click on a thread (after reading other threads beforehand) I get sent to the main Forum.
    ie: If I have read something from Gambling-Consumer Issues--Bargain Alerts on 'My Forums' and then the next thread is a thread on the Galway Forum when I click on the thread it sends me to the main Galway Forum.
    If I go back and click again a few times it eventually shows me the thread but at one time today I had to do it 7 times and at another I had to turn the phone off and start again from the memory.

Galaxy Y.
    Opera Mini.
    2.3 (I think).

Sorry bout the long winded explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I've seen this a few times now, but there have been quite a few times now that the touch version of the site stops displaying recent posts in some of the mega threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I've seen this a few times now, but there have been quite a few times now that the touch version of the site stops displaying recent posts in some of the mega threads.
    I have that this morning too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Any ideas for a button to jump to the top or bottom of a page? It can be really annoying to have to scroll for ages just to get to the button for next page only to have to do it all over again straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Anyone else having an issue pressing the page numbers while browsing a forum?

Its fine for them while reading threads.

Using boat browser on android.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Haven't had a problem with the page numbers but the PM icon is very unresponsive on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,898 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Stokolan wrote: »
    Anyone else having an issue pressing the page numbers while browsing a forum?

Its fine for them while reading threads.

Using boat browser on android.

Yes same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,898 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Haven't had a problem with the page numbers but the PM icon is very unresponsive on my phone.

Again same here.

My biggest gripe is still the way that email notifications take you to the first post in the thread. This was notified 3 months ago.

• Advertisement

When using touch if I go soc - Irish Economy (link) it brings me to forum 1198 which seems empty.

If I go soc - Politics - Irish Economy it brings me to 1196 which has the content.

On the full version hovering over Irish Economy link suggests it is 1198 but it leads to 1196.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

This (as in Forum 1198) is a "link" forum, and handling of link forums is on the to-do list; cheers.

Danny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Orion wrote: »
    Agree 100%. The mail link should go to first unread post similar to the main site.

One other small thing. Can the post reply button go above the add photo one. 99.999% of my posts contain no photos. Less scrolling is better.

I would second that. The natural thing to do his hit the first button underneath the text entry box to submit a reply but that's the "add photo" button. A bit annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Is it possible to have it so when you click the boards.ie logo it goes to the my forums tab rather than the main screen! Touch used to do this but not anymore. Btw I rarely use the desktop site anymore, love the new changes. Thanks!

Advertisement