Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odeon Cinema, Charlestown Centre, Finglas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Great news ! Can we expect the Leisureplex open at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Big poster billboard on side of building confirming same as you drive by it on M50. Jobs.ie have ads seeking "hosts" to work there also!

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

I live in the nearby estate and had a large bulgarian registered truck and trailer blocking my way into my pathway.. Thought it was very odd to see a trailer in a small estate so thought he must have been lost?

Drivers hails me down and shows me an address on his phone for directions... The address was for odeon charlestown center

So good bit of work must be going on now of trailers from Bulgaria are coming over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Trailers from Bulgaria?

Did you check inside for Syrians?

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Trailers from Bulgaria?

Ha never thought of it

Yea found it weird it must have been some materials from there. All progress in the place which is good

• Advertisement

Trailers from Bulgaria?

Probably the popcorn and peanuts delivery :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I work on the site from time to time, both when it was getting built and now it's being fitted out. There's a bowling alley in there too but Walls aren't doing that part last I heard, all the gear was bought from a bowling alley in Greece! The cinemas are very small. Two very large ones and 7 small ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

ongarboy wrote: »
    Jobs.ie have ads seeking "hosts" to work there also!

Have you a link to this please? can't seem to find it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

ION08 wrote: »
    Have you a link to this please? can't seem to find it

It's gone off jobs.ie as the closing date has passed but here's info I found.

http://www.charlestowncentre.ie/pdfs/CHARLESTOWN_CINEMA_HOST.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Signage up too. Very visible from the elevated stretch of the M50 that goes by it. It finally removes that celtic tiger era bust/abandoned construction view that kind of blighted that area for the last 5/7 years.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ongarboy wrote: »
    Signage up too. Very visible from the elevated stretch of the M50 that goes by it. It finally removes that celtic tiger era bust/abandoned construction view that kind of blighted that area for the last 5/7 years.

Opens Friday week the 16th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Yeah, its awesome on the inside too!!!!

Very snazzy, what theyve been saying they wanted imho, massive and huge walkways to screens, and very red carpet looking too!

They had theyre opening gala tonight, then opens official in the morn :)

It looks great all lit up blue at night. Does anyone know what might happen the land to the front of it, they seemed to erect new hoardings there in the last week or so. Is that land still going to remain idle for now?

Muahahaha wrote: »
    It looks great all lit up blue at night. Does anyone know what might happen the land to the front of it, they seemed to erect new hoardings there in the last week or so. Is that land still going to remain idle for now?

The long term plans are for public plaza with coffee shops etc etc
    But I've heard mixed rumours from Starbucks to TGI Fridays etc

My guess is they will see how business goes for 6 months and then enact the original construction plans or lodge for a new planning application.

ah so the Starbucks and TGI Fridays were to be separate buildings to the cinema itself? When I heard the rumours I just presumed they they were due to open inside the cinema building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

TODAY'S THE DAY!!!!

WOOHOO!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

So now we've got the cinema... Where's the leisureplex? :-)

So now we've got the cinema... Where's the leisureplex? :-)

The Leisureplex is inside the building. I walked in today for a gander. Very nice looking inside. Huge Leisureplex signage and large area hoarded off. Obviously not finished yet but expect it soon.

I just hope gets added to Meteor Extras!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

well has anyone been yet?

hoping to get there next weekend but I am more of a Lighthouse Gal but will give it ago

John Mason wrote: »
    well has anyone been yet?

hoping to get there next weekend but I am more of a Lighthouse Gal but will give it ago

Not been yet but Screen Unseen tonight and the Back to the Future double tomorrow night will be my first visits... I think they're both in fairly small screens so will be interesting to find out just how small is small. Will post impression.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

Not been yet but Screen Unseen tonight and the Back to the Future double tomorrow night will be my first visits... I think they're both in fairly small screens so will be interesting to find out just how small is small. Will post impression.

I'm interested to hear what you get to see with the Screen Unseen, might try it in the future.

I had a nose around the cinema - it's smaller than I thought but that's probably because the cinemas are 'upstairs' rather than coming off the main foyer like in Blanch. I'm assuming the Starbucks going to be behind the wall that's screening the Leisureplex off. I wonder will the TGI's be going into the main centre in the vacant shop opposite House of Colour. It's probably not big enough but maybe it goes back further.

I did check out the Ben & Jerry's, Cherry Garcia and Chunky Monkey are present and awaiting my visit!!

datk wrote: »
    I'm interested to hear what you get to see with the Screen Unseen, might try it in the future.

I had a nose around the cinema - it's smaller than I thought but that's probably because the cinemas are 'upstairs' rather than coming off the main foyer like in Blanch. I'm assuming the Starbucks going to be behind the wall that's screening the Leisureplex off. I wonder will the TGI's be going into the main centre in the vacant shop opposite House of Colour. It's probably not big enough but maybe it goes back further.

I did check out the Ben & Jerry's, Cherry Garcia and Chunky Monkey are present and awaiting my visit!!

The film was Black Mass. Good movie... but Johnny Depp's makeup was bizarre, sort of took me out of it.

The cinema itself is nice, the screen, which I think is one of the small ones, was still a decent size and there was a good crowd there which was nice to see.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Wanted to go and see the Lobster on Sunday but it is not on until 22.45!!

far too late for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Was there last night for Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse.
    Looks very nice. Was in one of the smaller screens, got to pick premium seating which was very comfortable and added leg room. Part of the cinema is still being worked on(I'm assuming the leisureplex part). Very nice experience and I'd deffo head back.

Having never used the underground car park got a little lost while trying to find it, so I think this could be better signposted, either that or I'm no good with directions and signage and missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 TheMightyI

A good addition on the centre. I wonder how it will impact on the Blanch cinema.

Underground is free for 2 hours. Anybody know if they validate your ticket if there longer?

Not for me btw as I live 5 mins walk from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Looking forward to going myself hopefully over the weekend.

I went to the cinema tonight - it's nice - I was in Screen 2 which was about 10 rows - it was small but did the job. Going up the escalator you can see into the Leisureplex which looks there's a lot more work to be done - you could see the bowling alleys and seated area - there was a lot of wood and hanging wires around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

I'm waiting for Meteor to add it to their Extras :)

• Advertisement

Anyone go to the Screen Unseen yesterday or know what it was?

Advertisement