Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cost - PC vs Console Gaming?

1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

1336651881895.jpg

I'm a majority, bow to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,389 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I'm a majority, bow to me.

So are insects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

So are insects.

They use pcs to game also, no opposable thumbs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

danthefan wrote: »
    so paying a relatively large amount for a gaming PC mightn't be the best idea.
    I see what you mean, I use my PC for work and as a media centre so had no problem justifying the cost. I was getting more than just a gaming machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

ScumLord wrote: »
    I see what you mean, I use my PC for work and as a media centre so had no problem justifying the cost. I was getting more than just a gaming machine.

Yes well that's fair enough, I wouldn't dream of telling someone how to spend their own money, just for limited gaming there's a argument for a console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

danthefan wrote: »
    Yes well that's fair enough, I wouldn't dream of telling someone how to spend their own money, just for limited gaming there's a argument for a console.
    Although, you could also argue if your not going to be playing too many games a PC would be better as you'll get alternative uses out of it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I have all but stopped watching TV, since I built my games PC. More to do with Netflix and players etc.
    It is connected to my TV through HDMI and I can watch DVD/BluRay/Downloads/Streams, game, listen to music, browse and do everyday PC stuff.

My PS3 or Wii now only get turned on for console specific exclusives nowdays.

Considering that I need a PC anyway, spending the €200 euro more to make a great Media Centre that plays games is a more sensible option than buying a PC and ALSO a console that I can not upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

same, i hate sitting far away from TV when playing consoles.

Same here. and I cannot lie back on the couch either ! Especially when playing FPS games... I always sit up/forward !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I play on PC, Wii and PS3. I upgraded the PC last year and bought a 360 controller. Have wireless mouse and keyboard so can still sit on the sofa. :) Just nice to have the option to play on PC.
    Of course it just means you can build up an even larger backlog of games in the Steam Sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I play on PC, Wii and PS3. I upgraded the PC last year and bought a 360 controller. Have wireless mouse and keyboard so can still sit on the sofa. :) Just nice to have the option to play on PC.
    Of course it just means you can build up an even larger backlog of games in the Steam Sales.

i am resisting to buy so far:

dishonored
    farcry 3
    sleeping dogs

though something tells me i will pig out during xmas... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

i am resisting to buy so far:

dishonored
    farcry 3
    sleeping dogs

though something tells me i will pig out during xmas... :rolleyes:

I was tempted myself but now I'm of the mind to wait until they release the bundles next year with all the story based DLC. Not like I don't have over a hundred games to play already.

Advertisement