Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cameo silhouette cutter or graphics cutter?

Options
  • 30-11-2012 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of anywhere that let's you have use of one of these kind of machines in Galway without buying? Or does anyone have one and would cut/print something for me and I'd pay them for use of it?

Bit of a long shot but you have surprised me before Galway people so I said I'd ask.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Haha I came on looking for the exact same thing! Any joy since? if others were interested we could get one as a group!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭deliege

Another one interested... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I've had no luck so far finding one. There seems to be a new machine out called the Cameo Portrait cutter that cuts a slightly smaller area at 11inch x 8 inch and is £179. Better than the Silhouette machine pricewise at £279 but still outside of my budget. I don't think I could justify that expense for what I want it for.

Funnily,when you search cameo silhouette and Galway you an ebay listing that was recently sold here. Now if only that person had kept it and rented it... :)

If there were a few people who'd like to chip in I'd be interested in considering it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

You can get a cheap ones in caulfields.

ScumLord wrote: »
    You can get a cheap ones in caulfields.

Haha Depends on what you're cutting. I've just finished a project that took 3 weeks of intricate painstaking stanley knife cutting whereas a machine would do it in the time it takes to print a few pages.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

If there were a few people who'd like to chip in I'd be interested in considering it too.

+1 but would realistically need at least 6+ people involved to justify it.

J o e wrote: »
    +1 but would realistically need at least 6+ people involved to justify it.

Yeah... and even then 6 strangers off the internet share a delicate little cutting machine. Could that possibly end well? Even if we all are paper cutting types.
    I could see custody battles and "who broke it" battles looming. :)

Still though I have somethings I would love to run through one if you hear of anything or have any other ideas. :)

Advertisement