Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is the Touche Eclait worth the money?

• 30-11-2012 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Thinking of getting one of these for my dull under-eyes. Are they worth the money?

I use Benefit Erase Paste sometimes but it's quite thick, it settles into my skin and makes me look like I have wrinkles and I am only 24 :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Thinking of getting one of these for my dull under-eyes. Are they worth the money?

I use Benefit Erase Paste sometimes but it's quite thick, it settles into my skin and makes me look like I have wrinkles and I am only 24 :(

I don't think so, but I don't really use concealer at all, so I'm probably not the best judge. If you have very dark circles under your eyes, it might be. Maybe pop to a YSL counter and use the tester, and see how it fares after a few hours?

I've also heard good things about Benefit LemonAid. I wouldn't think it's a whole lot cheaper than Touche Eclat, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

The Benefit Lemonaid would be good if you had any kind of discolouration, I think the reason it is yellow is to counteract any blueish tones. But for me, my underyes just look really dull...It's hard to explain and I don't really want to post a picture!
    Maybe I am just so aware of it now that I realised concealers make me look like I have wrinkles! Surely I am not old enough for that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ivenus

I tried it before and couldn't see what all the hype was about. I have quite dark circles under my eyes and find Estée lauder double wear concealer to be very good at covering them up without being too thick like benefits erase paste which I have tried too.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

It's really more a highlighter than a concealer.. I love it, it's an essential in my makeup bag ever since I discovered it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

I've used it and it isn't worth the money. Lacura concealer in Aldi is just as good and costs four euro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

ViveLaVie wrote: »
    I've used it and it isn't worth the money. Lacura concealer in Aldi is just as good and costs four euro.
    Id agree with this, I can't notice the difference on the two, either way your better off starting with the aldi one, to see how you get on I reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭zzxx

I used it when I was in my late 20's and couldn't see what the fuss was about. Now I'm older, I've gone back to it recently and I think it's great. It really brightens up the eye area for me and I have repurchased.
    Estee Lauder do a version of it that I've also used and it's slightly cheaper and also good. If you are going to buy it, YSL have a set out for Christmas that has the TE, a primer and a mascara for 35/40e which is great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

Agree with above two posters, concealer tends to settle in crevices under my eyes too.. Keys is to apply good mousturiser, eitherway aldis lacura was just as good as touché IMO

Could anyone suggest a good eye cream to use instead then? Currently using Clinique All About Eyes, to tell the truth it doesn't make my eyes brighter at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Could anyone suggest a good eye cream to use instead then? Currently using Clinique All About Eyes, to tell the truth it doesn't make my eyes brighter at all.

I agree with the guys above, the Aldi Lacura version is dead on for touche eclat. Its only €4 so well worth a look :D as for eye creams, Benefit It's Potent is great for brightening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭eager tortoise

Benefit Ooh La Lift is good for under-eye brightening. I really like it.

Also Artdeco do good under-eye concealers, along the lines of Touche Eclat. I think they're about 17 euro. Going to try the Aldi one now myself though!

Today I got a Sleek version of Touche Eclat! It's called Lumiere I think. I tried a bit on and within minutes it had sunk into lines all under my eyes, making me look so old!
    I put the Benefit It's Potent eye cream on my christmas list, so hopefully santy will be kind to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Today I got a Sleek version of Touche Eclat! It's called Lumiere I think. I tried a bit on and within minutes it had sunk into lines all under my eyes, making me look so old!
    I put the Benefit It's Potent eye cream on my christmas list, so hopefully santy will be kind to me!

Try the collection 2000 concealer that's raved about all over you tube yet whose name I forget!

It's a great under eye concealer and cheap as chips, im 36 and have a little baby so it has it's work cut our for making me look awake and it manages fantastically! :D

Another tip, the colour lilac awakens eyes. Max factor have a single lilac eye shadow that I just blend into the corner of my eyes and it looks like I've had a decent night's sleep!

I must check out the Aldi one myself too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

I'd second the Aldi one- don't think Touche Eclat is worth it at all to be honest. Bourjois Healthy Mix concealer is quite good for undereyes also. Max Factor have a pretty good one too that has a little brush built into it.

The thicker pasty ones or stick ones should be kept for blemishes I think, and the creamy/liquid ones for undereyes.

Also check out the Tesco Barbara Daly concealer in a little black pot, it's hard to get cos not all Tescos stock their make up range, but I find it brilliant for both undereyes and blemishes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I would also recommend the dupe from Aldi. Works a treat and is only about a fiver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

xzanti wrote: »
    It's really more a highlighter than a concealer.. I love it, it's an essential in my makeup bag ever since I discovered it..

I completely agree. It will only work if you have little to none dark circles under your eyes and all you need is just a bit of highlighting to fake an awake look. Unfortunately, I have very dark circles and tear troughs, so it does nothing for me. I don't particularly like that type of highlighter so it was a waste of money for me.

I tried many concealers for under eyes and the best I've found is Bobbi Brown Corrector. I don't use it with the concealer as the counter staff recommends (their concealer sucks imho). I use it by itself and it's perfection. It looks so natural and covers all the purple and blue tones with no ashiness. The close contender is The Balm Time Balm. Cheaper options are Rimmel Wake me up concealer (hate the foundation, love the concealer) and Garnier roll-on. I love the infamous Collection 2000 long lasting concealer for blemishes, but I find it too dry for under eyes. It looks a bit fake.

I apply tiny bit of BB Corrector with my fingers to avoid creasing. The amount and the application is the key. I pat it on very gently and take my time to blend in. And you need the right amount of moisturisation beforehand. Too much or too little, you'll get creasing. It's trial and error really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

I hated it as it gave me lines I never knew I had! I have Graftobian's colour corrector wheel which is excellent, I use this first under my eyes and then a dash of Collection's under eye concealer which is fantastic and I'm set!

Honestly try the Collection one first before you invest and try a colour corrector too!

5077809332.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    I hated it as it gave me lines I never knew I had! I have Graftobian's colour corrector wheel which is excellent, I use this first under my eyes and then a dash of Collection's under eye concealer which is fantastic and I'm set!

Honestly try the Collection one first before you invest and try a colour corrector too!

5077809332.jpg

Where can you buy this?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 hyper_on_water

The YSL is definitely a highlighter :) My under eye favourite is the Garnier Tinted undereye roll on.

I've tried the Touche Eclat and the Aldi dupe, and the only difference is the YSL lasts slightly longer.

L'Oreal do a similar one that is slightly more opaque and still nice and thin so it doesn't settle thickly. Might be worth a try :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I recently bought the Laura Mercier secret concealer and find it great-specifically for the undereye area. Got it in the uk for £16.50 its a rip-off here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

Touch eclat is not a concealer at all, just a highlight, so all it does is reflect light. I don't know why the ysl reps still sell it as a concealer when ysl don't say it is one. I've had so many ysl girls try to stop me in bt asking me to try the best concealer ever! Its pretty annoying!

I've used touch eclat and found it a bit rubbish, especially if i'm wearing pale eye shadow, when i look at photos of myself i look like i have white panda eyes, really bizarre!!!

When i was reading up about it i found a blogger saying that the woman who developed it decided it wasn't good enough, that it caused congestion and should probably have eye skincare in it, but ysl said they didn't want to change it and she ended up leaving and starting her own brand by making a product that was what she wanted touch eclat to be. I just bought it yesterday so will use it tonight and report back tomorrow, i'm really excited!

I've always found those thicker concealers like the benefit ones to be more suitable for blemishes than under eye area. I find it really helps if you buff out the concealer before setting it so it doesn't stick in lines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

slowmoe wrote: »
    When i was reading up about it i found a blogger saying that the woman who developed it decided it wasn't good enough, that it caused congestion and should probably have eye skincare in it, but ysl said they didn't want to change it and she ended up leaving and starting her own brand by making a product that was what she wanted touch eclat to be. I just bought it yesterday so will use it tonight and report back tomorrow, i'm really excited!

That's the brand called "by Terry".

Her name is Terry de Gunzburg. She used to be the Director of Make up Design at YSL. I think, around 2000, she formed her own brand: by Terry.

Advertisement