Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant letter

Options
  • 30-11-2012 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

I finally received my grant letter!
    How long do you usually wait for the licence (after paying the fee)? It states "up to 30 days" on the letter - is it actually that long...?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

Congrats.
    You will have it a few days after you pay the fee.

What did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭damanloox

Paid the fee on Tuesday morning (hoping I'll have it for the weekend) but nothing in the mailbox today :(
    I got a shotgun...

I say you will have it early next week.

Have you rang your RFD? Some will release the gun with the grant letter and receipt of payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Busy time of year with all the renewals, taking about 4 working days between processing and posting. My guess would be this coming Monday, at a push Tuesday.

dev110 wrote: »
    Have you rang your RFD? Some will release the gun with the grant letter and receipt of payment.
    That could be tricky and not easy to explain when stopped by the Guards - I don't really want to risk it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

dev110 wrote: »
    I say you will have it early next week.

damanloox wrote: »
    That could be tricky and not easy to explain when stopped by the Guards - I don't really want to risk it :)

:D:D:D:D:D

Feel the fear and do it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Not particularly. It doesn't say you have to carry your licence with you.. if stopped by the guards all they have to do is radio in and check pulse and they'll see it there.

congrats on the licence. had you a long wait?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭lb1981

Double check all the details , serial numbers ,expiry date and it is the right license for that gun , 3 of mine have been wrong so far this month, a wrong date on one ,a shotgun marked down as a rifle and a rifle marked down as a shotgun ,very frustrated with the rifle one as it has taken 9 months with all the messing around in the station.

Thanks guys. Just opened a letter with the licence! Everything is perfect - including name/address/gun details! Can't wait to go to a dealer ;)
    One other question - the licence itself looks very (and I mean very) poor quality - the laminate doesn't cover it completely (it's off a bit), seems like it'll fall apart after a day or two (can't even imagine what would happen if I get wet)...
    Do you think I could laminate the whole thing (ie. laminate it with existing laminate)? I guess it won't mess up existing laminate..?
    Or perhaps some sort of "hard" plastic holder/cover (the wallet that came with the licence is... well - same quality as the licence itself ;))?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Thanks guys. Just opened a letter with the licence! Everything is perfect - including name/address/gun details! Can't wait to go to a dealer ;)
    One other question - the licence itself looks very (and I mean very) poor quality - the laminate doesn't cover it completely (it's off a bit), seems like it'll fall apart after a day or two (can't even imagine what would happen if I get wet)...
    Do you think I could laminate the whole thing (ie. laminate it with existing laminate)? I guess it won't mess up existing laminate..?
    Or perhaps some sort of "hard" plastic holder/cover (the wallet that came with the licence is... well - same quality as the licence itself ;))?

Everyone is giving out about the renewals and new licences. The quality is crap.. Some people had to cut out the licence because the peel off bits weren't cut enough. if you have any of the stuff u use to wrap books you could laminate it yourself or if u have a laminating machine stick it into that.
    or photocopy it and laminate the photocopy and keep the original at home in a safe place.

• Advertisement

Do I need to let the Gards know when I picked up the gun from the dealer...?

Nope

Advertisement