Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking Mardyke Walk

Options
  • 30-11-2012 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Hey, I just need confirmation of something I heard.

A friend told me parking on Mardyke Walk is free on Saturdays? Just need a disc for the rest of the week?

I need to be in UCC early and won't be back all day, so it'll be a balls if it doesn't turn out to be free!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Censorsh!t wrote: »
    Hey, I just need confirmation of something I heard.

A friend told me parking on Mardyke Walk is free on Saturdays? Just need a disc for the rest of the week?

I need to be in UCC early and won't be back all day, so it'll be a balls if it doesn't turn out to be free!

As far as I know its only free on Sunday and after 6pm on Mon-Sat, isn't that the case without all disc parking in the city.

I checked the council website and couldnt find anything further, maybe someone thats used to the area can gave ya more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Yeah, definitely need a disk on Saturday. Anywhere that requires a disk Mon-Fri will also require one on Saturday. The only day with free parking in a disk area is Sunday. However, I believe (although never checked it out) that you can park free (i.e not in a disk area) all week out the Lee Road, which is only a couple of hundred yards from The Mardyke Arena. Go over wellington bridge and hang a left.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Or you could park in the now public property which is AIB Western Road.They are closed on Saturdays so its all the one to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭corked

Mardyke Walk (by fitzgeralds park and arena) is free on Saturdays - I park there and run on saturday mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

corked wrote: »
    Mardyke Walk (by fitzgeralds park and arena) is free on Saturdays - I park there and run on saturday mornings.

Mardyke Walk is not free on Saturdays. It is a disk parking area and requires a disk Mon-Sat. Just because you have not been ticketed does not make it free - you just got lucky - unless you are parking in someone's drive/garden/Sundays Well Tennis Club!
    BTW, good idea about parking in AIB carpark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Certainly used to be free on a Saturday on Mardyke Walk up to a year or two ago. Is it not anymore? From looking at Google streetview you can just make out that the says Mon-Fri on the disc required signs.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I have a funny feeling that it used to be free there on Saturdays, alright. Can't confirm if it still is though.

This is from Google Streetview:

gUotd.png

Looks like it says Mon - Fri, but was also taken a few years ago now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 itsaposter

Yes, still free on Saturday. (The less people who know the better though.:)) The council seem more intent on reducing the number of spaces there than eliminating them completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Was definitely free on Saturdays all summer.

Advertisement