Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study tips for maths 2013

Options
  • 30-11-2012 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi all will be doing maths phase one next year and seeing as there are no past papers for paper two(but for the sample paper) does anyone have any tips for studying not only for paper two but for maths in general. I like maths and try to look at it as a challenge I particularly like algebra but as far as studying for maths goes I'm hopeless.:confused:

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 104 ✭✭II 2FAST2C II

Hi all will be doing maths phase one next year and seeing as there are no past papers for paper two(but for the sample paper) does anyone have any tips for studying not only for paper two but for maths in general. I like maths and try to look at it as a challenge I particularly like algebra but as far as studying for maths goes I'm hopeless.:confused:

Just do maths Exam paper keep testing on them self like for e.g. as a test take 1 year per week and have a test on the whole paper 1 and at the end correct it with your marking schemes and grade your self and do that for every year and then repeat the process until you get in the A category until you swatted of every qs for paper 2 not much but do samples papers up to 2011 and you could also use the book even though i hate the book and i think of it as a a utter discrace in testing and it intents to be lot harder then exam qs

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bluestrike

I know this thread is 2 months old but i thought to say that our maths teacher told us to do the sample papers but also to get the papers that the pilot schools have done as they have been doing project maths for a number of years

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

Bluestrike wrote: »
    I know this thread is 2 months old but i thought to say that our maths teacher told us to do the sample papers but also to get the papers that the pilot schools have done as they have been doing project maths for a number of years

My teacher said that Paper 2 in Junior Cert Math will change because of Project math and not to bother with them that we should just practice paper 1 which includes Trig, Geometry, Probability etc.

Advertisement