Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price for 2nd hand ride on

• 30-11-2012 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

We have an opportunity to buy a second-hand Husqvarna 15V2 ride-on. its 3-4 yrs old. What would a good price for this be?

thanks in advance, d

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭The Garden Shop

You shouldn't pay more than 1500 euro's. You can get a craftsman rideon- 15 horsepower for 2300 euros, new. They are the same machine as huskvarna.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dudmis

great - thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭celticmicky

I take it the Husqvarna 15V2 is the older version of the Rider 215Tx? (spec below)

http://www.esaleslocal.com/husqvarna-R215TX.htm

Have a look at the silver sticker on the machine, usually under the seat - it should tell you the year.

Generally if bought from a dealer a good rule of thumb is half price of a new machine. You shouldnt be too far away at that, depending on condition of the mower and age.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dudmis

that sounds about right - i think they were 4500 last yr but the model has now been replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭roman0red

Evening Folks

Anyone know or have any experience with the Husqvarna Rider r15 awd

2 cylinder Kawasaki engine

Thinking of buying a second hand and was looking to see if there is any feedback on performance/durability out there b4 I invest

Thanks in advance for for advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭blackbox

I have a Husqvarna Rider 15 AWD for around 3 years and am very pleased with it. My garden is very hilly which is why I went for AWD - works a treat. The deck can clog when the grass is very wet, but you'll get that with any mower and the Husky is better than most I've tried. You need to wash under the deck clean after each run, so you tend not to use it for a five minute trim.

Two things failed under warranty within months of purchase - steering shaft and a pulley retainer. Repaired no quibble and nothing has gone wrong since.

Thanks blackbox

Any issues with belts given its driving 4 wheels permanently? Also I heard they can be slow because its awd? Last q - is 15hp sufficient power for an awd?

What should I expect to have to pay for a 3 year old?
    Thnx again

Sorry I'm a bit slow replying.

Belts - no problems. After 3 years they are showing signs of wear an I have bought spares so as not to get caught out. Definitely no more wear than any other type of mower.

Speed - top travelling speed is not very fast. Mowing speed is not as fast as a side discharge as you are mulching, but a much neater job. I mow stripes now whereas with side discharge I had to mow anticlockwise only. Collection is out of the question for me.

15 hp seems fine, I don't run at full throttle so has a bit to spare.

No idea on price. I don't know why anyone would be selling one, but try to get one that has been well looked after.

Thanks for the response Blackbox

About to part with my hard earned cash today so hopefully it will work out.
    I have about 1/2 an acre so I dont want to collect either! :)

Are they easy to service? I'll be doign the servicing myself - any good websites for parts?

Cheers

Servicing is easy. Engine cover opens very wide. Panels come off for easy access. Make sure you get the manual that came with it.

I get parts at local dealer.

It's plenty big for a half acre.

Good luck with it. I guess I'll have to get mine out of the shed soon. I charged the battery last week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement