Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best lap dancing club?

Options
  • 30-11-2012 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

It's my boyfriend's birthday next Saturday and I want to go to a lap dancing club together. I've done a bit of research on the internet for a place that's classy but not too expensive and Barclay Club on South William Street looked good so I sent them an email but no reply - I sent another and still no reply. (They mustn't be very interested in securing new customers.) Does anyone have experience of this club? Is it any good? I was hoping to reserve a table for the two of us. Or perhaps there might be some alternative recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Thread Closed for review

For the record, any of them that I've come across in Dublin, have been sleazy and cheap. I wouldn't waste the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Ok, I'm going to re-open this. Folks can we keep it clean. If people start to take the piss, the thread will be closed and bans may ensue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

from what ive heard they are extremely expensive and a bit intimidating. i would avoid.
    wpuld he not be happy with a night out clubbing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Was in the one on Leeson Street for a workmates birthday a few years ago,Angels I think.It was decent enough and not all that sleazy.Goes without saying that even drinks it were quite expensive.Didn't get a dance myself because I would find it incredibly awkward,but a good few of my friends did and it was all above board.

Not even sure if it's still open these days though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Eh, so you're a girl, and you want to go to a lap dancing club with your boyfriend? Why?? From what I've heard most of the ones in Ireland are sleazy dirty places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

MadYaker wrote: »
    Eh, so you're a girl, and you want to go to a lap dancing club with your boyfriend? Why?? From what I've heard most of the ones in Ireland are sleazy dirty places.

Might be gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Eh, so you're a girl, and you want to go to a lap dancing club with your boyfriend? Why??

It's not that unusual, actually. An ex-flatmate of mine (in another country) worked in a lap dancing club and said M-F couples came in fairly regularly. Some women like that sort of thing. Others of course are probably pressured into it by the boyfriend but it doesn't sound like that's OP's situation. So why not just let her ask her question instead of interrogating her about it.
    From what I've heard most of the ones in Ireland are sleazy dirty places.

Sounds like she's looking for the ones that aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

From what You Have heard??

So you have never actually been in one yourself? Do you tend to believe everything you hear?

I was out with a work party before and we ended up in a lap dancing club. Pricey as hell but I did see a couple there together and they seemed to enjoying themselves and perfectly happy.

The one we where in was more like a bar and it wasn't sleazy or dirty.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

what the op does or wants to do is nothing to do with you. YOU HAVE HEARD, unless you have been to a club you cant make judgements,

OP, my friends go to Angels with their husbands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

OP I can't advise on the best one, I've only been in three but from my experiences with them they're not sleazy and you won't be under any pressure to pay for a dance.

But the dances are expensive, I had one paid for me and tbh I didn't think it was in any way sexy at all.

The girl could go topless but couldn't take off her thong however she could pull them down as far as her knee's.

I've a friend who dances in the bar on Eden Quay, I haven't been in to see her (she's a good friend) but from what she says she loves the place and says everyone is friendly.

I don't know about admission prices anywhere, sorry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement