Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spray tan?

• 30-11-2012 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good brand of spray tan? Looking to get a spray tan done for a wedding.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ivenus

I would recommend he-shi spray tan. I've quite fair skin & don't like a dark tan,and this tan gives me a lovely natural tan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

white to Brown and Vita Liberata are both good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Personally I think it's as much down to the skill of the beautician as to the tan. Some girls don't don't seem to be able to do the hands and feet very well!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭shoos

I didn't really want to make a whole new thread because there's been many on spray tanning already but....

I wanted to follow on from the last poster here and ask if anyone has recommendations for a specific beautician in a salon in Dublin?

From all the threads I've read on spray tanning here it seems getting an amazing spray tan in one place by no means means you'll get the same brilliant tan the next time you go back - completely depends on the girl.

So, any suggestions??

Also - I'm naturally very pale, and have never had a spray tan before. I'm useless at doing it on myself though, but want a nice colour for my birthday that's coming up so figured professional spray would be my best option. That is, if it doesn't wash off next day leaving gross patches all over me like I've heard happen to plenty of girls :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Hourglass

shoos wrote: »
    I didn't really want to make a whole new thread because there's been many on spray tanning already but....

I wanted to follow on from the last poster here and ask if anyone has recommendations for a specific beautician in a salon in Dublin?

From all the threads I've read on spray tanning here it seems getting an amazing spray tan in one place by no means means you'll get the same brilliant tan the next time you go back - completely depends on the girl.

So, any suggestions??

Also - I'm naturally very pale, and have never had a spray tan before. I'm useless at doing it on myself though, but want a nice colour for my birthday that's coming up so figured professional spray would be my best option. That is, if it doesn't wash off next day leaving gross patches all over me like I've heard happen to plenty of girls :o

Why don't you try the Johnson's tan/moisturiser cream? I find it good and I am pale skinned.

• Advertisement

Hi Shoos

I go to Burgundy beauty in Blackrock, I cannot recommend them highly enough. They use a couple of different tans but I only ever go for the St. Tropez. No matter who you get in there, they do your tan the exact same way. They have a particular process and they follow it to a T.

There is another salon in Bray using a tan called Lauren's Way, it's even more natural than St. Tropez but I didn't care much for the salon itself and haven't been able to find anywhere doing it. I mentioned it to the manager in burgundy last week and she's going to look into getting it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭shoos

Hourglass wrote: »
    Why don't you try the Johnson's tan/moisturiser cream? I find it good and I am pale skinned.

Is that a build up? I've tried them before and they're grand for day to day wear but I'd like something a little stronger for my birthday. I know you can build up, but I never have the patience or plan the timing right!
    Hi Shoos

I go to Burgundy beauty in Blackrock, I cannot recommend them highly enough. They use a couple of different tans but I only ever go for the St. Tropez. No matter who you get in there, they do your tan the exact same way. They have a particular process and they follow it to a T.

There is another salon in Bray using a tan called Lauren's Way, it's even more natural than St. Tropez but I didn't care much for the salon itself and haven't been able to find anywhere doing it. I mentioned it to the manager in burgundy last week and she's going to look into getting it in.

Yay :) Blackrock is only down the road from me and all.

I've never heard of them before, I only came across Carter Beauty in Blackrock. Didn't really find any reviews on their spray tans, but lots of bad reports on their manicures/facials so I was weary.

Thanks very much for the recommendation!

I personally would avoid Carter Beauty. I have had a couple of terrible experiences in there with regards to tan. All the girls in work went there at some point and none of them will go back.

The St. Tropez in Burgundy is a bit dearer now, it's €25 but well worth imo.

They're up by the playwright carpark :)

Advertisement