Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone 3gs headache

• 30-11-2012 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi all,

I got an Iphone last week that was gonna go to an unused phones charity, thinking it could be fixed.

When I first put my sim in it, the device recognized the sim and I went through the whole set up process with no issues. However, it asked me if I wanted to upgrade the phone. Not knowing this would lock it, I did go through the update. To cut a story short, I brought the phone to a repair shop, which downgraded it back to 4.1 version. However, the guy told me that he couldn't fix the phone, and indeed, when I put my sim in it, the device says "searching" in the top left corner. No wi-fi signal either and no option available to turn it on.

I saw a thread on how to unlock the phone (thinking this might be the issue) and went on to iclarity. When I go to settings on the phone, nothings appears in front of Modem Firmware (which is needed to figure out what baseband the phone has).

When I connect the phone to Itunes, I have the option to restore it; however, I fear that upgrading the phone will make matters worse, as it did before. IS IT POSSIBLE TO RESTORE IT TO FACTORY SETTINGS WITHOUT UPGRADING IT?

Also, I went to the phone setting page and reset the network settings to default. That didn't change anything.

If anybody has ideas how to fix this, that would be much appreciated.

Cheers all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

why don't you want to upgrade it? was it jailbroken or something?

basically you need to put the phone in DFU mode and restore it to the latest software using iTunes

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭CATSEYES8787

No idea if it was jailbroken. Does the fact that it doesn't recognize my seem mean the phone is locked?

OK I downloaded the "Apple Recovery (DFU) software" and going through the restoring process...

So here we go: Itunes says "the iphone couldn't be restored. An error occured (1645)". Anybody experienced this before?

Advertisement