Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

surround sound

Options
  • 30-11-2012 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi lads i no its probably been covered here before was having a look through and cant really find a soulution to my problem (need a very very basic solution :rolleyes: )

Basically have an xbox its one of the earlier versions no hdmi port and am trying to hook it upto my surround sound.
    I have the component cable that came with my xbox splits into two cables has r y w and r b g then on the end that plugs into the console has a liitle port for an optical cable.

So my question is really how do i go about setting it up the surround sound is an lg dvd reciever which has an optical in and also the rwy and rbg connections on the back so basiclly i dont really no what to plug into where??? does some of it go to the tv some to the reciever?
    have the optical cable aswell
    hav tried it myself but i either get sound through some of the speaker but no picture. really any help would be appreciated
    mozil

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Been a few xboxs ago but if I recall the component had a little dongle you removed on the end that plugs into the xbox where you could attach an optical cable..... actually now I think of it my first xbox 360 came with an optical cable.

SO attach the red green and blue from the xbox to the TV and connect to stereo with optical from the xbox cable.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Is this the cable you have?

360_component_cable.gif

If so use the CrPbY cables to the TV, the optical to the surround sound unit and set the xbox to output sound via Optical:

230940.png

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭mozil

yeah thats the cable.
    thanks will give that a go now see what happens, the joys of first world problems aeh..

Advertisement