Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After School Care - how much??

Options
  • 30-11-2012 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi Guys, im just wondering what is the going rate. I have a primary school child - want someone to collect him from school, give him dinner, homework (he is able to do this himself), basically 4 hours a day for 5 days a week. How much should i expect to pay???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

I pay €10 a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

I pay 70 euro a week to a mother from my boys school. He is six years old. She doesn't mind any other children, and has four children of her own.

Generally she picks him up four days a week, and I collect him when I finish work.

However, I am a single parent and a manager so quite often my times vary and also she can end up picking him up five days and she also takes him the odd few Saturdays as well.

She does his homework with him, gives him his dinner, supper if I am working late and in my opinion, it is good for him to see how another family situation works.

If I could give her more money I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

We pay €20 per day, I have usual work hours, so not always sure when I am in, the after school group are very flexible. The give discounts for people who have set days and for weekly rates :)

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

We are in Dublin 11 and we pay 21euro per day, collected at 1pm from school and given dinner and snack and I pick my son up before the creche closes at 6pm. They do the homework with him too. He currently goes there 3 days a week, reduced recently from 4 as my hours were cut. He has been in the same creche since he was 9mths old and he loves it there. I can't fault them and he is so close to his friends and minders there, that while I would love to spend more time with him, i hope I never have to remove him fully as he loves it so much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

I pay €15 per day rurally. That is from 8.30am to school drop off at 9am and from 3.15pm to 5 pm. One day a week it's the morning and 3.15pm to 4pm.

• Advertisement
Advertisement