Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curragh springs trout fishery

Options
  • 30-11-2012 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi, thinking of going to Curragh springs fishery.did anyone fish thier lately?.can
    you recommend me some flys. i am going on the 30th of December.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

fast sinking line to a 2-3ft leader with a white booby..figure of 8 retrive,bring a few difrent patterns of boobys,...its not the most elegant way of catching trout but i garentee it will put fish on the bank out there this time of year!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Eriesniper

fast sinking line to a 2-3ft leader with a white booby..figure of 8 retrive,bring a few difrent patterns of boobys,...its not the most elegant way of catching trout but i garentee it will put fish on the bank out there this time of year!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Chopperdog 2

Maybe check with the fishery management as to whether boobies are permitted.
    I know that alot of fisheries prohibit them when fished on a sunk line as the trout teld to get hooked very deeply with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I don't think Shaun has any restriction on what type of flies you use but he insists on barbless hooks to keep damage to the fish at an absolute minimum

Advertisement