Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 1: Week 14 Reports

Options
  • 30-11-2012 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭

Washington Redskins 38-17 Baltimore Ravens

RG3: 13/17 - 2 TDs - 1 INT - 279 yards
    Flacco: 17/28 - 2 TDs - 1 INT - 269 yards

Helu Jr: 13 attempts for 73 yards 2 TDs
    Rice: 10 attempts for 1 yard

Thanks a lot for the game Pudsy. Was close all the way through until my D finally got a grip near the end of the 3rd quarter.

Best of luck on your quest for the play offs!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Team|1|2|3|4|Final
    Team Gronk|0|14|0|7|21
    Texans|0|0|3|16|19

Texans win the toss and choose to receive the ball.
    1st play is a tackle for a loss, as is the second play. Then foster gets the 1st down. Same thing happens again, tfl;tfl then a first down but wait the ball is loose....Pats have it. Pat Chung with the hit, Allen with the recovery.
    Pats drive the ball well down the field......but it's picked off at the 3 yard line. A run for a loss by Foster brings us to the end of the 1st quarter.
    0-0.

Welker returns a punt for about 0.0 yards. Then Brady to Welker for 64 yards and six points on the next play. XP is good. 7-0 Patriots.
    Texans go 4 and out. Patriots throw a pick, didn't even see the safety :o
    Two stupid roughing the passer calls helps out Schaub and sets him up with 1st and 10 at the Pats 22 yard line. MLB Fletcher in for the injured Spikes makes the most of his oppertunity and forces a fumble. Ball is recovered by Allen who takes it 87 yards for a touchdown. XP is good. 14-0 Patriots.
    An incomplete, a false start and a dropped pass means the Texans face 3-15, a TFL makes it 4-16.
    Pats attempt a 57 yarder that is fielded at the -9 yard line by Daniel Manning who brings it out....and promptly gets impregnated by multiple patriots.
    Half Time. 14-0 Pats
    Pats get the ball and punt it away.
    Andre Johnson who has been kept quite all day catches one down field for 27 yards. Drive is finished with 3 points for Houston.
    Brady throws another pick that is returned to his own 9 yard line. A run takes it to the 4 yard line and that takes us to the final quarter. Score is 14-3 to NE

Pats D# again steps up and stops them on the goalline. FG is good 14-6 NE.

A mighty punt by Zolton Mesco starts the Texans at their own 18 yard line with 6 minutes left to play. They give it back to the patriots with 5 minutes remaining.
    Pats run out some clock and sportingly punt it back to them with 3 minutes remaining. Mesco boots it out at the 4 yard line. It's a one possession game. Stupid CPU throws the ball to the flat instead of down field. Ras-I Dowling is waiting there and he takes it back for six. XP is good. 21-6. 1:57 remaining. Texans suprise everybody and Walters takes it for 71 yards and six points. XP is good. 13-21 NE. Texans onside kick it....and recover the poxy thing...uh-oh.1:33 left on the clock.
    Those stupid 4th quarter CPU comebacks that have been around for the last 10 maddens are still around. Texans are moving quickly no-huddle down the field and the Pats have to take a time to give their guys a break. Texans have a first and goal at the 9 with 27 seconds remaining. Junior grabs the ball and is stopped inches from the goalline. Fcuk it they score. Texans go for 2..... AND IT'S STOPPED!!!!
    Onside kick again and this time the pats recover and kneel the ball to get the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

And now over to Mick with the latest from GronkWatch(tm)(c).
    Gronk+Press+Conference.png
    Mick: So Gronky, another game with...
    Rob: Please don't call me "Gronky".
    Mick: Awwww, ok. So another 100+ yardage game, Should Jerry Rice be getting worried about his most yards receiving in a season record?
    Rob: Who?
    Mick: Jerry Rice, of the 49ers? One of the greatest of all time?
    Rob: Oh yeah, I think I heard of him. He seems like a nice guy, but I will crush his record! Rawr! *Gronk Smash*
    Mick: So there you have it Bill, 229 yards will see a new record holder, back to you in the studio.
    Bill: Thanks Mick, tune in next week for more GronkWatch(tm)(c)[PatentPending]

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Dave... A win is a win!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Cracking game, realy high standard here

Some stats

Matt Cassell 20-35 295 yds 2TD 2INT
    Brandon Weeden 11-23 228yds 3TD 1INT

Jamal Charles 14carries 47 yds 2TD
    Trent Richardson 18 carries 79yds 0TD

Dwayne Bowe 7 catches 101 yds 1TD
    Massaquoi 4 cathces 105 yds 1 TD

Chiefs shut down the Browns run game leaving the game on the shoulders of Brandon Weedon who I think had his best game of the season.
    Weedon is best at the long bomb and passes to Massaquoi and Cribbs went in for TD's.

However Weedon did throw an early pick. I was fooled entirely, see one safety, throw the ball and suddenly it's triple coverage :confused::eek:

There were near misses to an open Greg Little in the 1st quarter and an open Massaquoi in the 4th as they got behind the Chiefs D but alas, nearly isn't good enough

Chiefs coach can rightly feel more aggrieved with their WR's, time and again the Chiefs coach calls smart plays to carve up the Browns but McCluster, Bowe and Baldwin dropped them

This game should not have been close but the Chiefs WR corp couldn't put it away until late

Jamal Charles raced outside for two TD's, damn he's fast.
    Dwayne Bowe and Tony Moeaki with one each

Catch of the game was Ben Watson with a 3rd and long in triple coverage :). How he caught it I do not know.
    His fellow tight end Jordan Cameron scored on the next play

The best team won no question and Chiefs look to have the 3rd seed locked up. Good luck for the playoffs

Browns marched away defeated but feeling confident after a good display :)
    I think if I've learned anything it's I'm too heavy on the blitzes and then get murdered by the screens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Definitely you should feel confident after that display Mike. You threw some superb passes. The one Watson caught was insane but the rest of them were well read and particularly the long bombs very well thrown.

Screens will usually catch out over aggressive defenses all right. They are not that good normally but if you can guess that the other guy is sending a load they can work well.

I definitely need to fix the "Drops Open passes" trait to my WR although Dexter did come up with a few gems in the second half.

The score does really reflect the closeness of the game. Hopefully all our battles are games as good as this one.

Chiefs win the division. Happy to have playoff football with them. They are young with lots of cap room and I'm hoping by year 3 they can be a Superbowl contender.

Really enjoyed the chat Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Second time the Giants and Saints play, Giants come away with a 24 - 14 win after getting punished my the Washington redskins the week before.

Some stats

Giants 337 total yards. rushing 81 passing 256

Saints 231 total yards. rushing 27 passing 204

Eli and Brees throwing for 2 TD's and Bradshaw running in one.

Hicks and Cruz really split the Saints Defense apart with some good slants.

Thanks for both games Raoul both were great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Yeah, the second game was recreating the score of the first.

Found it very hard to stop your offense, won't say too much really so Matthew doesn't know how to beat me.

I feel I was really unlucky. Lance Moore with the worst attempt at a catch which resulted in an int instead of what most likely would have been a lond TD. As you said it looked like he tried to lateral the ball to a CB that was behind him.

Then Brees with a fumble on the 1 yard line when I was 2 scores behind. Really could have been a different game if not for that INT.

Surprised at your record really, but as you said you were unlucky last week against the skins with Eli fumbling twice. But with that Defense and the way you were using Nicks and Cruz you really should be doing a lot better. One of the toughest games I have had all year really. Well played.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Gore laid some smack down on the Fins, close to animal cruelty really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Bengals beat Cowboys in OT, second time round after a DC.

No matter spotlighting, double coverage, pressing, whatever; could not stop Gresham.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans @ Colts, Colts win the toss and elect to receive

Brown breaks off a 24 yard run.. and then a 10 yard run then a couple of good passes to Wayne leads to a TD.
    Titans struggle but hit Cook, gets hit and its incomplete.

Titans then force a punt.
    C2J starts pounding it on the ground.

Titans are moving but there is a lot of lag, C2J rushing TD

7-7 at the start of the 2nd Q

Titans force a fumble! Colts recover.
    Witherspoon then goes wandering by the ball as it sails over his head :mad:
    Ridiculous titans defending next when they refuse to make any fcuking tackles!
    TD Colts!

Titans throw to hit Britt.. but end up throwing it to Wright and its picked off

Titans weak tackling leads to a TD after some very very impressive throwing by Luck

Titans get into the the redzone.. hit Cook in the end zone and he drops it but Locker hits Wright for the TD

14-21 with 13 seconds left in the half.

Colts throw a pick! Titans kick a FG, it hits the cross bar! No GOOD!

Titans receive and then C2J breaks off a massive run

Williams my WR goes out for god knows how with an abdominal tear!
    Cookie gets a TD
    21-21

Colts give up a holding penalty and its 2nd and 20 but they make a 19 yard pass but then the next is incomplete.
    Colts kick it out at the 8
    Cookie is dropping passes all over tonight :mad:

A pass meant for Cookie gets picked... for 6!
    21-28 Colts
    Titans throw another pick after LB becomes stretch armstrong
    Titans force a FG

21-31 with 1:29 in the third

C2J takes a pass 80 yards
    Colts are having an impressive game and get into the redzone again

TD Colts!
    Titans facing an uphill battle here, 28-38

Titans move it but then a massive sack leads them on 3rd and 22,locker narrowly avoids a sack but Titans gamble and go for it on 4th
    Its picked off deep in the redzone!

Reggie wayne makes a key catch inbounds for the Colts
    Colts make a key 1st down and that is pretty much game unless the Titans force a turnover
    FG Colts

28-41 Colts
    Britt gets wide open but the pass is too far in front

Titans go deep and Zbikowski dives across the end zone and picks it off and that is game.

Cant argue with the result, couldnt stop Big D when i needed it and threw picks at the wrong time.

Good game BD!

Some Stats:

Titans with 402 yards,127 rushing
    Colts wioth 382 yards,92 rushing

Lockers rating is 69, 12 from 30, 287 yards, 3 TDs 5 turnovers
    Lucks rating is 134,18 from 25,297 yards 4 TDs and 1 int

C2J gets 127 yards, 16 carries and 1 Rushing TD, 4 catches for 129 yards and 1 TD
    Brown gets 19 carries, 97 yards

Fleener, Brown both gets a TD each with Wayne getting 2

Just like in real life,Titans need to improve their secondary!

• Advertisement

Matthew is topping the division now. Damn!!!

LUKE!!! What happened? Don't worry it will all be explained in Matthews 3 page propaganda post that should be coming soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Raoul wrote: »
    Matthew is topping the division now. Damn!!!

LUKE!!! What happened? Don't worry it will all be explained in Matthews 3 page propaganda post that should be coming soon.

A lot happened. A 4th and 1 TD on my 1YD line and a pick 6 won it for him. Figured him out in the 3rd, stopping the runs on 1st and 2nd down. 3rd down = slants every single time. Couldn't stop it no matter what I did. I don't know if it's possible to be honest but anyway, looks like my playoff hopes are over :O

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Steelers beat the Chargers. Think I'm a game ahead of the Ravens. Up next the Cowboys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Team Gronk next up for the niners....Willis looking to unite Gronks face with some turf.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Bengals beat Cowboys in OT, second time round after a DC.

No matter spotlighting, double coverage, pressing, whatever; could not stop Gresham.

Hard fought battle! Gresham is a machine out there :D

Game was a lot of fun to play - with some bad luck on both sides. Bengals FINALLY pick up first non-CPU win of season :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Cant argue with the result, couldnt stop Big D when i needed it and threw picks at the wrong time.

Good game BD!

Some Stats:

Titans with 402 yards,127 rushing
    Colts wioth 382 yards,92 rushing

Lockers rating is 69, 12 from 30, 287 yards, 3 TDs 5 turnovers
    Lucks rating is 134,18 from 25,297 yards 4 TDs and 1 int

C2J gets 127 yards, 16 carries and 1 Rushing TD, 4 catches for 129 yards and 1 TD
    Brown gets 19 carries, 97 yards

Fleener, Brown both gets a TD each with Wayne getting 2

Just like in real life,Titans need to improve their secondary!

Yeah I'm the DADDY and you got it good, The colts defence gave it to your recievers and showed who the DADDYS were in this game, and they got it Good and ROUGH ;)...........definitely going to change this name for next season :o

NekoChan wrote: »
    Hard fought battle! Gresham is a machine out there :D

Game was a lot of fun to play - with some bad luck on both sides. Bengals FINALLY pick up first non-CPU win of season :cool:

Good game game Neko, good chatting during it.
    Not sure how it's taken you this long to win a non-CPU game. Was a tough offense to stop, even without AJ Green

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Good game game Neko, good chatting during it.
    Not sure how it's taken you this long to win a non-CPU game. Was a tough offense to stop, even without AJ Green

Silly mistakes & turnovers :mad:

Like I said, leading the league in turnovers for the season so far - about 45 odd last time I checked.

I will give Dalton an ultimatum in Off-Season and next season AFC will hopefully be even more hotly contested :pac:

Yeah I'm the DADDY and you got it good, The colts defence gave it to your recievers and showed who the DADDYS were in this game, and they got it Good and ROUGH ;)...........definitely going to change this name for next season :o

New weirdest post in the Madden thread. :o Heli, what have you started?

Congrats on the win Neko. :)

That loss has put paid to my very slim playoff hopes. So playing for XP with certain players.
    Must have a look and see how far away guys are from their targets so they don't regress on me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Raoul wrote: »
    New weirdest post in the Madden thread. :o Heli, what have you started?

What can i say, i was still buzzing after the win last night....posts like the above will definitely not happen again :o......maybe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Panthers 28-14 Falcons

Panthers went downfield and scored a TD early. Falcons went downfield but threw a long pick 6 to Charles Godfrey. They hit back with a TD but on one of the last plays of the half on the Falcons 1, 4th and goal, Stewart ran it in to make it 21-7 at half time. Nothing happened in the 3rd quarter, and in the 4th the Falcons scored a TD to make it a single score game but the Panthers went on a long drive, finished off with a Steve Smith TD.

Cam Newton only threw 10 passes, but completed every single one and rushed for a key first down, and had 137 yards and a TD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Cardinals beat Seahawks 23-7

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

Eagles beat the Buccs 30 - 24

4 interceptions, 2 of which were returned won the game for the Eagles.

Eagles finally end a six game loosing streak

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

After all my hype of weber during the 3rd quarter he goes and throws two pick sixes:-( to be fair they were both my fault. Threw the ball into clear pick situations. The other two were killer two minute drill drives though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Jets 27-25 Jags.

freddie-mercury-so-close.jpg

Myself and Dave just had a pretty intense game.

Started off with both defences forcing a punt, before the Jags drew first blood with a field goal. The Jets then worked the ball up the field and tied with a field goal.
    Jags add another FG, but Shonne Greene went in for a TD to give the Jets a 10-6 lead.
    Not to be out-done MJD broke off a big gain for a TD, 10-13 Jags, and Dave takes the sensible option of tying the game 13-13 at half.

The 3rd quarter is where Dave won it, on the first drive he forced a fumble with a monster sack on Tebow, he scored and I could only reply with a field goal, Dave scored on his next possession and it was 27-16 and I was feeling like the game was slipping away.

But the 4th quater Tebow showed up, and he threw some beautifully precise passes (some of which were dropped of course) to lead a charge up the field, with some pretty big conversions thrown in, but I had to settle for the field goal and draw it back to 27-19. My D then stepped up and stopped the monstrous Green and we had the ball back with 3mins on the clock. Moving it nicely, but then a sack and 2 dropped passes left me with 4th and 22... Tebow finds MJD deep! And on the next play, a nice pass to Blackmon goes in for the TD... I have a 2 point chance to tie the game... Marcedes Lewis dropps the pass. :( Dave gets his first down and kneels the ball out.

Stats:
    Shonne Green had 323 yards and 2 TD's :eek: Dave's run game was awesome.
    The Jets passed for less than 30 yards.

MJD had a decent game, 143 yards and a TD, considering we had to ditch the run in the 3rd/4th Q.
    Tebow was good, 140+ yards and a TD.

Great game Dave. That was the first game I have played against someone who REALLY knows what they were doing, and I learned a lot from it, thanks for the advice and good luck with the rest of the season.

See you in the playoffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Ye was a great game. mJD was a beast, found it hard to stop him at rinses. Tebow was clutch in the 4th . Kinda like Santry is playing with any team :mad: .

Ye I could get anything going I the passing game and once I knew Greene could slice through you I was happy to hand the ball off . The 2 point conversion drop was a killer , he had it in his hand !

Im sure we'll probably meet in the play offs ! Make sure you wrap MJD in cotton wool now for the next few weeks :pac:

Best game of madden I've played Ina while. Cheers !

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Rams beat the CPU Bills 41-7

Zuerlein boots 4 or 5 FGs (cant remember)

Amendola with a punt return to follow up his kickoff return in the previous game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

guns4all wrote: »
    Rams beat the CPU Bills 41-7

Zuerlein boots 4 or 5 FGs (cant remember)

Amendola with a punt return to follow up his kickoff return in the previous game.

what's is range in game rory?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

gufc21 wrote: »
    what's is range in game rory?

now that would be telling!!!;)

Advertisement